BIM Coordinator Program (INT) April 22, 2024
Find the next step in your career as a Graphisoft Certified BIM Coordinator!
Collaboration with other software
About model and data exchange with 3rd party solutions: Revit, Solibri, dRofus, Bluebeam, structural analysis solutions, and IFC, BCF and DXF/DWG-based exchange, etc.

Opening Rhino Files causes crash

Anonymous
Not applicable
Hi,

This is a new install on OSX and I am a first time user. I am moving from Rhino to ArchiCAD so need to open Rhino files in ArchiCAD. Upon completing the loading process the file closes every time. I have experimented with opening Rhino files of various complexity and they all crash. Any hints of what to try would be a help.

Thanks!
2 REPLIES 2
Minh Nguyen
Graphisoft Alumni
Graphisoft Alumni
Hello,

Thank you for the report and I am very sorry about the experience!

Could you clarify a bit more about this part: "Upon completing the loading process the file closes every time"? Does Archicad crash - meaning, close completely and the Bug Reporter appears, or Archicad only shows an empty grey screen? If the later is the case, I believe you were trying to open a Rhino 6 file in Archicad. Unfortunately, they are not yet supported. At the moment, Archicad can only read Rhino 5 files.

But if Archicad crashes totally with a Rhino 5 file, could you share with me a sample one for in-house testing? Please let me know if you'll need a secure place to upload it!

Looking forward to hearing from you!

Best regards,
MInh

Minh Nguyen
Technical Support Engineer
GRAPHISOFT

Anonymous
Not applicable
Hi,

Thanks for your reply. It is a Rhino 6 file. So that is probably the problem. I will back save them to V5 and try again. No, it is not a crash, The program remains active but all windows for the file opening process disappear from the desktop as if nothing happened. Will be back in touch if the back-save solution does not work.

Thanks again.
Learn and get certified!