BIM Coordinator Program (INT) April 22, 2024

Find the next step in your career as a Graphisoft Certified BIM Coordinator!

Collaboration with other software
About model and data exchange with 3rd party solutions: Revit, Solibri, dRofus, Bluebeam, structural analysis solutions, and IFC, BCF and DXF/DWG-based exchange, etc.

Opening Width, Opening Height in Measured Units

Tincan561
Contributor
I want to create a window/door schedule that has the opening width and opening height in individual columns in measured units (feet-inches).

For example, in the Archicad 21 Commercial Template, these are labeled as follows and noted in blue typeface:
W/D Opening Width (Archicad 20)
W/D Opening Height (Archicad 20)

The other Add Fields properties, such as Scheme Settings: Window/Door: W/D Opening Height on the Reveal Side and General: Width, are all in calculated units (decimal feet).

This same situation occurs in other projects I have migrated to AC21. In one project, I deleted the parameters W/D Opening Width (Archicad 20) and W/D Opening Height (Archicad 20) and I am unable locate them or import them back.

What is the purpose of the parenthesis (Archicad 20)? The Classification Manager only indicates ARCHICAD Classification – 20. There is no version 21 as referenced in the support video.

The blue typeface likely indicates unreferenced parameters. Panel Thickness is another such parameter, which I want to use. How do I access these in the current project or transfer them to other projects?

Has AC21 outright abandoned the basic Opening Width, Opening Height and Panel Thickness parameters in measured units?
Archicad 26 Macbook Pro, Ventura 13.6.3
1 REPLY 1
Da3dalus
Enthusiast
Graphisoft addressed this here: http://archicad-talk.graphisoft.com/viewtopic.php?p=272323&highlight=schedule+decimal#272323. It appears to be a bug.

I'm trying to update all of my template schedules, and it seems AC21 has messed up some of the variables. Luckily, I still have our old schedules from AC20, which seem to still work, but I can't add anything new and have it format to the correct Dimension style.
Chuck Kottka
Orcutt Winslow
Phoenix, Arizona, USA

ArchiCAD 25 (since 4.5)
Macbook Pro 15" Touchbar OSX 10.15 Core i7 2.9GHz/16GB RAM/Radeon Pro560 4GB
Learn and get certified!