Project data & BIM
About BIM-based management of attributes, schedules, templates, favorites, hotlinks, projects in general, quality assurance, etc.

Opening lines in schedule

Anonymous
Not applicable
I am trying to edit a window schedule in Archicad 22 with a preview image (3D Front View field in my case) and I can't seem to be able to control its transparency.

Normally, I wouldn't have a problem with windows being transparent, but the issue is that I want to show opening lines - a solid line on the opening side and a dashed line on the opposite side. But with the transparency, these two lines blend into one "solid" line and therefore showing a wrong opening symbol according to our local codes...

Is there any hidden setting I'm missing?

I've tried to control the opening line only in the object, then only in the MVO, I've tried creating a new GO with no transparency, but so far without any luck.
5 REPLIES 5
Barry Kelly
This has cropped up before but I don't think the solution here will do what you want.

https://archicad-talk.graphisoft.com/viewtopic.php?f=34&t=61635

It will give you dashed )or solid) lines to both the inside and outside views in the schedule.

I think the problem is that transparency is not actually controlled in the Graphic overrides.
That is in the 3D-style - which you can't set for a door/window schedule.

Overriding the surface in the GO does not affect doors and windows or objects.
Overriding the fill does - but it affects the entire window frame and not just the glass.
Because the window is an object you can not override just the glass material as GOs can not access object parameters.

I was thinking that if you override the fill with a solid fill with white foreground and background pens that might work.
But it doesn't the glass is still transparent.

The only thing that might work is to create a non-transparent glass material (or just use a different material for the glass in the windows that is not transparent).
But this will mess up any 3D views (sections and elevations also) if you want transparent glass).

Barry.
One of the forum moderators.
Versions 6.5 to 27
Dell XPS- i7-6700 @ 3.4Ghz, 16GB ram, GeForce GTX 960 (2GB), Windows 10
Lenovo Thinkpad - i7-1270P 2.20 GHz, 32GB RAM, Nvidia T550, Windows 11
Anonymous
Not applicable
Thanks Barry,

Yes, I thought about having both lines the same - either solid or dashed, but the problem is that not all our doors and windows have opening on the same side.

I thought I could get around the transparency by assigning a solid white surface to the whole window object, not just glass surface. I wouldn't mind having a separate GO with such override only for the schedules.

That should work in theory and it does work in the 3D view, but unfortunately, it does not seem to affect the schedule's "3D Front/Back View".

And yes, using a non transparent material for glass, or creating a "non transparent" glass works, but I would like to avoid that if possible. I think it would mess too much and limit the use of the model later on . But so far it seems to be the closest I can get.
rvto
Contributor

I'd like to bump this topic. Dealing with the same. Is there anyway to fix this now? It being a 3 year old problem at this point. Do you have some news on this perhaps @Barry Kelly?

Nothing has changed that I am aware of.

The problem is the transparency of the glass.

So setting a non-transparent material for the glass in the window works.

But of course this affects elevations and 3D if you want to see transparent glass.

Overriding the surface material in a Graphic Override used for a window schedule, does not seem to change the surface of the windows, even in a 3D axonometric view.

I always thought it did, but maybe I was mistaken.

Just tried in 25 and the window surface is not changing.

So it seems a non-transparent material is the only thing that will work if you want dashed opening lines on one side and solid on the other.

Barry.

One of the forum moderators.
Versions 6.5 to 27
Dell XPS- i7-6700 @ 3.4Ghz, 16GB ram, GeForce GTX 960 (2GB), Windows 10
Lenovo Thinkpad - i7-1270P 2.20 GHz, 32GB RAM, Nvidia T550, Windows 11

Thanks for the fast reply. Then that means opening lines are not compatible with window schedules. I’ll make sure to report it to customer support, thanks for your help.