Collaboration with other software
About model and data exchange with 3rd party solutions: Revit, Solibri, dRofus, Bluebeam, structural analysis solutions, and IFC, BCF and DXF/DWG-based exchange, etc.

Opening orientation of double-sided doors

Anonymous
Not applicable
I am sorry, but can anyone recommend me a way for creating door schedule with quantity of Left/Right oriented doors? I want to count the quantities for doors which really have orientation, but double-sided doors are divided by this criteria too ! Can I get overall number only for such non-oriented doors from standard ArchiCAD library (AC 12) without changing GDL code for them?
21 REPLIES 21
Anonymous
Not applicable
Leo wrote:
I am sorry, but can anyone recommend me a way for creating door schedule with quantity of Left/Right oriented doors? I want to count the quantities for doors which really have orientation, but double-sided doors are divided by this criteria too ! Can I get overall number only for such non-oriented doors from standard ArchiCAD library (AC 12) without changing GDL code for them?
You could use their ID's, making left and and right hand (or however you want them designated) have all the same ID or an ID that starts the same.
Anonymous
Not applicable
You could use their ID's, making left and and right hand (or however you want them designated) have all the same ID or an ID that starts the same.
Yes, we can put a lot of information in this very useful box .

Do you mean that it's better to create two different schedules: one for oriented and other for non-oriented doors with door's ID as a selection filter?
Anonymous
Not applicable
Leo wrote:
Yes, we can put a lot of information in this very useful box .

Do you mean that it's better to create two different schedules: one for oriented and other for non-oriented doors with door's ID as a selection filter?
No need two have to different schedules. I did this real quick with one of my schedules to try it out. I just put either RH or LH in each door's ID. Of course you can change the ID Header to whatever you want it to say.
vistasp
Advisor
Leo, if you play around with the IDs and the Scheme Settings of the schedule, you can do what I think you want to do.

Note that both single doors have been given the same ID even though they have different swings. The double door has a different ID.

The next screenshot shows the schedule. If you play around with the scheme settings (highlighted) you can tell the schedule how to sort the objects.
= v i s t a s p =
bT Square Peg
https://archicadstuff.blogspot.com
https://www.btsquarepeg.com
| AC 9-27 INT | Win11 | Ryzen 5700 | 32 GB | RTX 3050 |
vistasp
Advisor
Looks like Wrathchild already beat me to it, but I'll continue anyway.
schedule.jpg
= v i s t a s p =
bT Square Peg
https://archicadstuff.blogspot.com
https://www.btsquarepeg.com
| AC 9-27 INT | Win11 | Ryzen 5700 | 32 GB | RTX 3050 |
Anonymous
Not applicable
In my example I'm not talking about the door marker ID. I'm talking about the ID in the info box.
Anonymous
Not applicable
Thank you, guys. But I see some cons about your idea.

At first, ArchiCAD already does a lot of work for us when it let us to set door's swing visually. Why should we ignore this information? For example, user can place some right-oriented door with proper ID (thanks to Favorites, for example), but he can change it's swing later without changing ID! So it tends to produce inconsistencies between graphic and schedules.

Another problem relates to our local schedules standard. We have to create a table with one door type per row. There are three cells in each row for quantity: quantity of left-swinged, quantity of right-swinged, and overall quantity. And ArchiCAD lets me generate this table automatically for oriented doors. But for non-oriented I have some quantity in all this cells. It produces a lot of stupid questions . I prefer to have zeros at first two cells, but empty cells would be much better.

So, I asked Wrathchild about two schedules because making two different schedules is a kind of solution. If we haven't any other ways...

I am sorry for bad definition of my problem at the beginning of this thread.
Anonymous
Not applicable
If you leave the ID blank for the non-oriented door then the cells will be left empty. Of course this assumes you're not using the ID for another reason and can leave it blank
Anonymous
Not applicable
I am sorry, Wrathchild, but we are talking about quantities, aren't we? Empty ID field can't solve the problem with countable fields