Collaboration with other software
About model and data exchange with 3rd party solutions: Revit, Solibri, dRofus, Bluebeam, structural analysis solutions, and IFC, BCF and DXF/DWG-based exchange, etc.

Openings in IFC

agroni
Booster
Hi,
I am still not a user of AC23, therefore I am going to ask a question concerning openings in slabs in AC22.
No matter if a create an opening (substraction of Slab geometry) in an IfcSlab or an IfcCoering Type CEILING, I always get the Name of that Entity as "Deckendurchbruch" (see image below).

Does anyone know how to influence this naming?
I need this for my Solibri Checking to differentiate openings in actual concrete slabs and openings in secondary components such as INSULATIONs or suspended CEILINGs.
Ideas?
The BIMster @ AllesWirdGut
Currently: Archicad 26
User since Archicad 6.5 (2001)
4 REPLIES 4
Anonymous
Not applicable
When I drew one GE on another floor, it shows up on that floor (in Revit), but not on the first floor (or other floors for that matter).
Laszlo Nagy
Community Admin
Community Admin
agroni wrote:
Does anyone know how to influence this naming?
I need this for my Solibri Checking to differentiate openings in actual concrete slabs and openings in secondary components such as INSULATIONs or suspended CEILINGs.
Ideas?

I got in touch with GS HQ and here is what I was told:

We made one assumption based on your screenshot: that you modeled the Slab structure using multiple Slab elements.
In AC22, those Openings are always exported to IFC using the name ("Slab Opening") you saw.
One possible, albeit very limited workaround would be to model those geometries using the Roof Tool, and place Simple Skylight Openings into them, in which case you can specify a name for each separate Skylight.

In AC23 you would probably have more options because AC23 contains the new Opening Tool.
Loving Archicad since 1995 - Find Archicad Tips at x.com/laszlonagy
AMD Ryzen9 5900X CPU, 64 GB RAM 3600 MHz, Nvidia GTX 1060 6GB, 500 GB NVMe SSD
2x28" (2560x1440), Windows 10 PRO ENG, Ac20-Ac27
agroni
Booster
LaszloNagy wrote:

In AC23 you would probably have more options because AC23 contains the new Opening Tool.
I am familiar with the case of the opening in AC23. But to achieve the result that I am requesting, also in AC23 manipulation is necessary. You cannot create this cut with one "OpeningTool" and give them different names. You would need to exact openings at the same position, but different heights.
The BIMster @ AllesWirdGut
Currently: Archicad 26
User since Archicad 6.5 (2001)
Laszlo Nagy
Community Admin
Community Admin
Yes, I guess in AC23 you would have to cut multiple (two) Recesses with the Opening Tool.
Loving Archicad since 1995 - Find Archicad Tips at x.com/laszlonagy
AMD Ryzen9 5900X CPU, 64 GB RAM 3600 MHz, Nvidia GTX 1060 6GB, 500 GB NVMe SSD
2x28" (2560x1440), Windows 10 PRO ENG, Ac20-Ac27