BIM Coordinator Program (INT) April 22, 2024

Find the next step in your career as a Graphisoft Certified BIM Coordinator!

Collaboration with other software
About model and data exchange with 3rd party solutions: Revit, Solibri, dRofus, Bluebeam, structural analysis solutions, and IFC, BCF and DXF/DWG-based exchange, etc.

Ordnance Survey Levels in dxf and xml

Anonymous
Not applicable
I purchased a large area of spot levels from Ordnance Survey (for not much dosh). It doesn't come with the plan information, but all the spots are related to goegraphical corordinates and benchmarks so I can fill that in later.

However I just have a field of "points" on a dxf in 3D and an xml file, and I need to get this into Archicad to create a mesh.

I can use a 3d polyline in AutoCAD to create a wire diagram but if I open this file in Archicad it loses the Z elevation or 3D component. If I create an object from the file it retains the 3D shape, but I can't snap to the points to create an Archicad mesh (with out some GDL wizardry that's a bit beyond me).

Does anyone have any clever suggestions?
1 REPLY 1
David Maudlin
Virtuoso
Samovar:

You might be able to find another user with ArchiCAD 14 who could use the new Import Surveyor's Data as Mesh feature on your data. The data in the .xml file would have to be translated into a .txt file, if that is not too laborious, then this could be a very efficient method, as this new feature creates a mesh from the data points.

There is a movie about this feature: ArchiCAD 14 - Productivity Improvements

David
David Maudlin / Architect
www.davidmaudlin.com
Digital Architecture
AC27 USA • iMac 27" 4.0GHz Quad-core i7 OSX11 | 24 gb ram • MacBook Pro M3 Pro | 36 gb ram OSX14
Learn and get certified!