Collaboration with other software
About model and data exchange with 3rd party solutions: Revit, Solibri, dRofus, Bluebeam, structural analysis solutions, and IFC, BCF and DXF/DWG-based exchange, etc.

PDF app..

Llian
Advocate
Hi,
Not sure if this is the best place, but will give a try.
Bluebeam ditched Mac and now there is Bluebeam for iPad.
Then there is PDF Expert for Mac.
I need an app to do punch list on my plans on site.
Any recommendation?

Thanks in advance,
Lilian Seow
LEED AP | cSBA
Interior-Architecture and BIM Management
AC20 USA | 27- macOS 10.14.6| 4 GHz Intel Core i7| 32 GB RAM | Archicad-user since 1994!
11 REPLIES 11
Eduardo Rolon
Nothing fancy. Open in Affinity and then Export, change settings from 300dpi to 144 and wait.
Eduardo Rolón AIA NCARB
AC27 US/INT -> AC08

Macbook Pro M1 Max 64GB ram, OS X 10.XX latest
another Moderator

mikas
Expert
I'm not sure you can compress vector graphics so much. I think vectors are allready that small they can be, or at least almost so small that they don't compress. Or if they are compressed, something will be gone, maybe distorted or somehow regenerated differently.

If one gets too big file sizes with vector graphic pdfs maybe one needs to go and edit the attributes in PLN, like fills or line types or so.

It's the pictures (png, tiff, jpg) which can be further compressed within pdfs.
I do own Affinity suite for both Mac and PC, but because I am mostly on Mac, I use quartz filters for compressing the pdfs containing compressable pictures. I can have the filters saved within export dialogue in MacOS Preview app.

Quartz filters are made in Quartz Composer app (included in OS installation). That's what several other forum members have used too, and are using still I can read from forum posts.

I might be wrong though, maybe there is bloat in pdf vector graphics too that can be compressed. I haven't been much succesfull either with that though.
AC25, Rhino6/7+Grasshopper, TwinMotionMac Pro 6,1 E5-1650v2-3,5GHz/128GB/eGPU:6800XT/11.6.5 • HP Z4/Xeon W-2195/256GB/RX6800XT/W10ProWS