BIM Coordinator Program (INT) April 22, 2024
Find the next step in your career as a Graphisoft Certified BIM Coordinator!
Teamwork & BIMcloud
About Teamwork, BIMcloud, BIMcloud Basic, BIMcloud Software as a Service, network settings, etc.

PLN file - PLP file and PLC file in AC12 question

rob2218
Enthusiast
question: can someone explain to me the main differences and why the use?

here's my take on our office situation.
1. I created a PLN file to be used as an eventual PLP (teamwork file).
2. I've been working now on the PLP teamwork file and it's on the server.

I thought the purposes of saving a PLC file was to be able to take the PLC (draft copy) file home, work on it and upload later to the server the changes to the PLP file??? is this not the case?

When I unplug the network, and I open the PLC file, AC informs me that "You run the risk of not being able to save changes. please find the PLP file...etc.."....

I thought that was the whole purpose of working on a PLC file? so I could work unplugged, then connect to the network and do a "send/recieve" so the network version would be updated??

But for some reason..I'm getting that "warning" so I'm not sure what to do at this point??

Please...any suggestions would surely help.
...Bobby Hollywood live from...
i>u
Edgewater, FL!
SOFTWARE VERSION:
Archicad 22, Archicad 23
Windows7 -OS, MAC Maverick OS
2 REPLIES 2
Anonymous
Not applicable
Yes, you should be able to use the PLC file for working offline and Send & Receive when you return to the office.

The only danger as far as I know would be if someone logs in as Admin and forces you out. It seems the warning dialog could be better worded. Something like "...you will not be able to send or receive changes until you reconnect to the teamwork file."
rob2218
Enthusiast
thanks Matthew.
yes, gonna try this weekend and see what happens.

appreciate it.
...Bobby Hollywood live from...
i>u
Edgewater, FL!
SOFTWARE VERSION:
Archicad 22, Archicad 23
Windows7 -OS, MAC Maverick OS
Learn and get certified!