Collaboration with other software
About model and data exchange with 3rd party solutions: Revit, Solibri, dRofus, Bluebeam, structural analysis solutions, and IFC, BCF and DXF/DWG-based exchange, etc.

PMK 24 to 23

DGSketcher
Legend
I am trying to share PMK drawings with another office who are using AC23, I am on AC24, when trying to open the file a warning is issued in AC23: "You can only open files created by PlotMaker 3.0 or later."

Anyone have recommendations to transfer the PMK drawings? MOD or PLN are not an option.

Its kind of unfortunate that the best suggestion so far is to save the PMK drawings in Autodesk DWG format when both offices are using Archicad.
Apple iMac Intel i9 / macOS Sonoma / AC27UKI (most recent builds.. if they work)
4 REPLIES 4
Anonymous
Not applicable
Did you try to save the AC24 project as AC23 then publish the pmk?
Hope this helps.
DGSketcher
Legend
Thanks for the suggestion Paulo, its a workaround but means messing with another PLN file when I can just change the publishing format to DWG. I am really surprised AC doesn't seem to have an option for saving a PMK to the previous version. Unless I have missed it...
Apple iMac Intel i9 / macOS Sonoma / AC27UKI (most recent builds.. if they work)
Anonymous
Not applicable
I don't use pmk's at all. I also didn't find any way to save it as AC23. Looks like a dead end.
I just did a quick search here on the forum, and found the same error message in a topic from 2016.
Hope this helps.

https://archicad-talk.graphisoft.com/viewtopic.php?t=53332#p258193
DGSketcher
Legend
From what I am seeing it would appear that PMK format was virtually written off but in AC24 it seems to quite readily accept the Published AC24 PMK format and even allows for exploding but trying to import a file from 2003 caused a crash. Looks like I will have to use DWG for now.

If GS are trying to restore PMK as a working 2D format in AC then perhaps a review of reading legacy PMK files might be worthy of a bit more attention. At least that would elevate the format to be more in line with DWG and PDF.