Collaboration with other software
About model and data exchange with 3rd party solutions: Revit, Solibri, dRofus, Bluebeam, structural analysis solutions, and IFC, BCF and DXF/DWG-based exchange, etc.

PR 2'-6" doors instead of 5'-0" in schedule

Anonymous
Not applicable
Is there a simple way for door schedule to read a pair of 2'-6" doors instead of 5'-0". I assume the height and width in the schedule is reading the opening instead of the individual panels.
7 REPLIES 7
Karl Ottenstein
mdjohnson11 wrote:
Is there a simple way for door schedule to read a pair of 2'-6" doors instead of 5'-0". I assume the height and width in the schedule is reading the opening instead of the individual panels.
If you placed a pair of doors, and mulled (ganged) them together, then yes, two doors would appear in the schedule.

If you placed a single door unit that consists of two door panels, then, no, only a single door will show in the schedules.

Cheers,
Karl
One of the forum moderators
AC 27 USA and earlier   •   macOS Ventura 13.6.6, MacBook Pro M2 Max 12CPU/30GPU cores, 32GB
Anonymous
Not applicable
I am now confronting this issue. We had been using double doors as a single object but really dislike the overall width of 5'-0" and would instead want it shown as PR 2'-6".

I saw Karl's post and tried ganging the doors and I have two issues - a) it still separated the two doors on my schedule and did not appear as PR 2'-6"; am I missing something? and b) how do I get the ganging to NOT show framing at the center?

Thanks!
Karl Ottenstein
ksymons19 wrote:
I saw Karl's post and tried ganging the doors and I have two issues - a) it still separated the two doors on my schedule and did not appear as PR 2'-6"; am I missing something? and b) how do I get the ganging to NOT show framing at the center?

Thanks!
Back online after a week away....

Sorry that I read the original post too quickly in my response. I don't know of a way to get a pair to show as a pair (single entry), only as a double entry. Unless you schedule the panel width rather than the door or RO width perhaps.

Not sure that you can get rid of the center framing for a ganged pair...

K
AC 27 USA and earlier   •   macOS Ventura 13.6.6, MacBook Pro M2 Max 12CPU/30GPU cores, 32GB
Anonymous
Not applicable
I've done this with custom doors for a client. The only way I can see to do it with the standard doors would be with the user defined "parameters for listing" or the door IDs. These could be set fairly quickly with the Scheduler and maintained with favorites. It's definitely a semi-automatic approach but not too bad if you don't have to train too many people to do it.
Karl Ottenstein
Matthew wrote:
I've done this with custom doors for a client. The only way I can see to do it with the standard doors would be with the user defined "parameters for listing" or the door IDs. These could be set fairly quickly with the Scheduler and maintained with favorites. It's definitely a semi-automatic approach but not too bad if you don't have to train too many people to do it.
But, the 'user defined' parameters result in a different column in the schedule and there is no way to automatically copy the measured width into a 'user defined' for all objects except the one with the pairs. Similarly, if the user typed in PR 2'-6" in a user-defined field, it would appear in that column only for that one door - but the total width would still appear in the width column.

Cheers,
Karl
Anonymous
Not applicable
Karl wrote:
Matthew wrote:
But, the 'user defined' parameters result in a different column in the schedule and there is no way to automatically copy the measured width into a 'user defined' for all objects except the one with the pairs. Similarly, if the user typed in PR 2'-6" in a user-defined field, it would appear in that column only for that one door - but the total width would still appear in the width column.

Cheers,
Karl
I didn't say it was ideal (or even good - note that I have only done this within a custom library for one particular client). One would have to use the same approach for all the doors. The parameters (or IDs) can be set and managed in the scheduler.
Anonymous
Not applicable
this may not conform to your office standards... but you can make this work more or less. You will need to give every door a unique ID, and create your double doors with 2 doors as suggested, but give each of those doors the same ID. add a quantity column to your schedule and tell the IS to group doors with the same ID. the schedule will then show 2 | 2'-6"x6'-8" as one line in the schedule. on the plan just make the markers overlap, or turn on off. Of course all the single doors will show a quantity of 1..... So maybe not ideal, but it should work.