Collaboration with other software
About model and data exchange with 3rd party solutions: Revit, Solibri, dRofus, Bluebeam, structural analysis solutions, and IFC, BCF and DXF/DWG-based exchange, etc.

Parking Layout add-on

Jacek
Contributor
Has anyone bought and used the Parking layout 4 add-on from Objects Online?
I have a project requiring laying out a number of different configurations of parking spaces (600+) on a 13 acre site. Due Friday, with the building massing. Considering buying something to speed up the layout. Any suggestions? Also the download is for windows or Mac - I work both platforms daily.
jacek lisiewicz
----------------------------------------------
arkhos-tekton, architects
carmichael, ca

Mac OS X 10.15.5
IMac Retina 5K, Intel Core I7
32 GIG Memory, AMD Radeon R9
ArchiCAD 24
9 REPLIES 9
Anonymous
Not applicable
Jacek wrote:
Has anyone bought and used the Parking layout 4 add-on from Objects Online?
I have a project requiring laying out a number of different configurations of parking spaces (600+) on a 13 acre site. Due Friday, with the building massing. Considering buying something to speed up the layout. Any suggestions? Also the download is for windows or Mac - I work both platforms daily.
Hi Jacek,

I am the author of Parking Lot Maker 4. I am of course biased but I originally developed the object for use in our own practice. Parking may seem a insignificant part of design but it is the most widely consistently used object in our firm. We use it to layout many parking areas including a recent commercial project of over 1000 cars. Basically works by first entering a standard car dimension LxW and if you have columns then set the number of cars per group(between columns). You can then place the object in the floor plan and drag out as many cars as you like, where ever needed. Does radial, straight and angled cars. Also shows/hides number parking space, show cars, disabled signs, custom texts and custom objects, ect.

The most useful thing about the new version is that by using interactive schedules you can count the number of cars automatically. Excellent time saver.

And many more features.

Anyway, enough of my pitch, maybe some others have some feedback.
Jacek
Contributor
Mark,
that sounds great. however, as I said I use a single key and move from work Windows setup and home Mac version. I can select a single download, will it work on my PC machine if I download a Mac version? Is the key linked to the ArchiCAD license key? And how do I transfer the software from one platform to the other?
jacek lisiewicz
carmichael, ca

Mac OS X 10.15.5
ArchiCAD 24
Anonymous
Not applicable
Jacek wrote:
Mark,
that sounds great. however, as I said I use a single key and move from work Windows setup and home Mac version. I can select a single download, will it work on my PC machine if I download a Mac version? Is the key linked to the ArchiCAD license key? And how do I transfer the software from one platform to the other?
Jacek,

Parking Lot Maker is a object. So just need to include it in your libraries at home and work.
Jacek
Contributor
Mark,
sorry, my bad. I didn't realize that.
consider it a sale.
Thank you

Jacek
jacek lisiewicz
carmichael, ca

Mac OS X 10.15.5
ArchiCAD 24
iggiv
Booster
Mark;
I like to give it a try to your parking lot maker. I have version 2 but need to do circular and angular layout.
I will also like to show the radius need it for an ambulance and fire truck which will be a nice thing to have too.
Unfortunately I try to link to the web but this took me to a close page.
Where can I find your library add-on.
Thank you ahead of time.
Anonymous
Not applicable
Hi Iggiv,

I had a look at objects online and it was down for maintenance so probably this is the problem. Once it is back up if you just do a search for parking lot maker 4 on objectsonline.com then you should have no problem.

circular and angular parking is available in version 4. Not sure if you mean you want to dimension the parking space or in order to 'show the raidus' but with the hotspots and dimension tool this is all ok.

Hope this helps
iggiv
Booster
Great. Thank you Mark. I will be watching the link to see when it becomes available and send me comments once I play with it.
It looks promising!!!
I also looking for a good car/truck radius.
I need to make sure I can circulate ambulance, fire truck of difference sizes and 20 or 40 feet containers. I found one but it is not complete.
Anonymous
Not applicable
Objects On Line does not list this anymore. Where else can one bu it?
Anonymous
Not applicable
Please PM me if you would like to purchase.