Find the next step in your career as a Graphisoft Certified BIM Manager!

Collaboration with other software
About model and data exchange with 3rd party solutions: Revit, Solibri, dRofus, Bluebeam, structural analysis solutions, and IFC, BCF and DXF/DWG-based exchange, etc.

Parking Stalls for IFC Translation

IFC lists a Parking Space or Stall as a Predefined Space Type.

My Parking Stall object and anyone else's are objects to which I can't assign something that Archicad associates with Zones (which are space types).

Does anyone know of a way to spoof the object into being a "Zone-that-isn't-a-Zone?

I tried assigning the object to the Subtype of IFC Space, but it then showed up as an MEP IFC Type.

Screen Shot 2021-09-03 at 11.38.26 AM.png

Screen Shot 2021-09-03 at 11.40.44 AM.png

Think Like a Spec Writer
AC4.55 through 27 / USA AC27-4060 USA
Rhino 8 Mac
MacOS 14.2.1
6 REPLIES 6
Iyur
Booster

What's a classification of this object?

I'm not sure I understand your question, but I'm trying to get the parking stall to this item in the IFC Classification system:   https://standards.buildingsmart.org/IFC/DEV/IFC4_3/RC2/HTML/schema/ifcproductextension/lexical/ifcsp...

Think Like a Spec Writer
Rhino 8 Mac
MacOS 14.2.1
Iyur
Booster

What I've got from the screenshots, you're operating with subtypes in the GDL object. But then each element, even library ones have it's own classification which relates to the mapping export scheme, so what's the classification of this element?

Screenshot_1.png

like this? I'm using the AC Classifications 2.0 which show a different Classification name:

Screen Shot 2021-09-10 at 8.08.57 AM.png

Think Like a Spec Writer
Rhino 8 Mac
MacOS 14.2.1

the part I don not understand is how to turn the field in this dialog from Grey (uneditable) to something I can edit:

Screen Shot 2021-09-10 at 8.12.50 AM.png

Think Like a Spec Writer
Rhino 8 Mac
MacOS 14.2.1
Iyur
Booster

Ahh, now I see.

As you're using a custom object, it's impossible to translate it as an IfcSpace due to internal limitations:

Screenshot_2.png