BIM Coordinator Program (INT) April 22, 2024

Find the next step in your career as a Graphisoft Certified BIM Coordinator!

Teamwork & BIMcloud
About Teamwork, BIMcloud, BIMcloud Basic, BIMcloud Software as a Service, network settings, etc.

Pdf Publisher

Anonymous
Not applicable
Hi,

I am working in Teamwork ArchiCAD 15, and would like to use publisher to create pdfs. I have done this very easily in non teamwork files. I can create a new folder but it does not let me add to an existing folder. I have tried reserving the whole file and I am still unable to do this.

I read on the forum that various teamwork member have different status that could affect this. But i do not know where to check what my status is.

Has anyone else had this problem - any solutions be much appreciated!

Thanks!
10 REPLIES 10
Anonymous
Not applicable
In the teamwork toolbar, there is a "user setting" button. I put myself as the lead architect, project & server administrator.
Anonymous
Not applicable
Thanks for this - unfortunately my 'Role' dialogue box is greyed out, so I can not amend this.

I must not be the project administrator, do you think that this is the reason why I cannot create new folder?

Thanks again!
Anonymous
Not applicable
I am guessing that is the case. Take a look at the help menu. Search for "Roles" and you'll get "Bim Server Manager: Roles".

To change the roles you have to go into the Bim server manager on the machine that is the bim server and update the roles.

Everyone in our (small) office is Lead architect, and server and project administrator. This works fine for our office but probably not for larger ones.
Anonymous
Not applicable
I have logged on to the BIM server and everyone in the office is a Lead Architect, we can all do everything including create or amend publisher sets.

Could there be another reason as why I can no longer add files to an existing folder?

Thanks in advance

Prashilla
Anonymous
Not applicable
Prashilla wrote:
Could there be another reason as why I can no longer add files to an existing folder?
Prashilla
Did you 'reserve' the publisher set. (Teamwork function)?

Kim
Anonymous
Not applicable
Hi,

I have tried the 'Reserve All' and then adding files to the set and it still does not work. I am baffled by this - two other people in the office are also having the same problem.

Do you know the difference between public and private sets - is there one that you use over the other?

Thanks!

Prashilla
Anonymous
Not applicable
Private sets have not been shared with the team. Once you release them and do a Send & Receive they should become public and others can work with them after reserving them.
Anonymous
Not applicable
Thanks,

Are you able to edit public sets?

I have now realized that I am only having this problem with public sets, I can edit my private sets fine.

If I make my private sets public then again they become uneditable - even with everything reserved.

Prashilla
Anonymous
Not applicable
Are you using the organiser and dragging layouts into the set? I can't see why it wouldn't work without actually seeing what you're doing. Is there a green 'Editable' sign in the organiser itself?
Learn and get certified!