Collaboration with other software
About model and data exchange with 3rd party solutions: Revit, Solibri, dRofus, Bluebeam, structural analysis solutions, and IFC, BCF and DXF/DWG-based exchange, etc.

Pencil Drawings

Brett Brown
Advocate
Can any one tell me of a successful way of receiving pencil drawings done to scale, electronically. At the moment, they scan down to A4,save as a jpg, then email to me. The jpegs are very burled and not sharp.

What they are doing seems to not work. How is one suppose to print them at my end so I can use a scale ruler? Hardly ever use Photoshop, which I am guessing is the program to use to try and print them to the correct scale. Any advice welcomed for the send process and what I should do at my end.

Or would it be just as easy to send the original drawings by mail?
Imac, Big Sur AC 20 NZ, AC 25 Solo UKI,
4 REPLIES 4
Djordje
Ace
Place the scan on the ArchiCAD plan, resize. Trace over. I suppose that the scan you receive is not good enough, so ask them to scan at 300 dpi.
Djordje

ArchiCAD since 4.55 ... 1995
HP Omen
Dwight
Newcomer
Photoshop can resize an image, but so can Archicad.

If there isn't a graphic scale on the drawing, you need to use trial-and error to establish it.

Is this for show or tracing purposes?

Attempting to trace a drawing for Archicad modeling is hopeless. Better to redraw with a helper calling the dimensions with an eye to copying modular parts rather than making an overlay of the whole thing.
Dwight Atkinson
Brett Brown
Advocate
Thanks Djordje,Dwight, I get pencil drawings to scale by mail normally, then using a scale ruler put them into AC. Of course every one is always in a rush so they want to by pass the mail and transfer the drawings electronically. As you both say it is easier to resize back up to scale in AC. Have asked for the floor plan at 300 dpi for a test.
Imac, Big Sur AC 20 NZ, AC 25 Solo UKI,
Thomas Holm
Booster
Brett wrote:
Thanks Djordje,Dwight, I get pencil drawings to scale by mail normally, then using a scale ruler put them into AC. Of course every one is always in a rush so they want to by pass the mail and transfer the drawings electronically. As you both say it is easier to resize back up to scale in AC. Have asked for the floor plan at 300 dpi for a test.
Many scanners have the option of saving as PDF instead of jpeg. This option usually maintains scale when printed using the No Page Scaling option in Reader or Preview.
AC4.1-AC26SWE; MacOS13.5.1; MP5,1+MBP16,1