BIM Coordinator Program (INT) April 22, 2024
Find the next step in your career as a Graphisoft Certified BIM Coordinator!
Collaboration with other software
About model and data exchange with 3rd party solutions: Revit, Solibri, dRofus, Bluebeam, structural analysis solutions, and IFC, BCF and DXF/DWG-based exchange, etc.

Phantom Schedule Object

Anonymous
Not applicable
Hi All, I have a strange object showing up in my electrical schedule. I gave it a unique ID (in the schedule), and did a search on all floors for it, no luck. Schedule is filtered for all objects on one of two layers.

Second problem is that some of my objects are not moving to their proper place. The panels are in the basement, and motors for the blinds are scattered over the first and second floors, but are not filtering to their proper floors like everything else. Not sure why.
5 REPLIES 5
Rob wrote:
Hi All, I have a strange object showing up in my electrical schedule. I gave it a unique ID (in the schedule), and did a search on all floors for it, no luck. Schedule is filtered for all objects on one of two layers.
What happens when you turn on all layers, highlight the schedule row, and use the "Select on Floor Plan" button?
Richard
--------------------------
Richard Morrison, Architect-Interior Designer
AC26 (since AC6.0), Win10
Anonymous
Not applicable
ok, it found a fill when I did that. Not sure why it is finding a fill when it is set to find objects? Tried deleting that one and putting in a new fill, still same results. created another layer for it and moved it there. That did the trick.

THANKS!

Any idea why the panels and motors are not filtering to the correct floor?
Rob wrote:
Any idea why the panels and motors are not filtering to the correct floor?
If I had to guess, maybe it is because the home story of these objects is not set correctly. If you have them set to a basement home story, but displayed one floor up, they will look correct, but be on the wrong story for a schedule.
Richard
Anonymous
Not applicable
OMG, I am so dumb. Someone else had added a field called "location" and filtered by that, instead of using the Home Story field as I had originally set up the schedule. When I added in those objects, the "location" field was blank, placing those objects outside of any of the "Locations."

Thanks for all your help!
Glad you got your issues "sorted out."
Richard
Learn and get certified!