BIM Coordinator Program (INT) April 22, 2024

Find the next step in your career as a Graphisoft Certified BIM Coordinator!

Collaboration with other software
About model and data exchange with 3rd party solutions: Revit, Solibri, dRofus, Bluebeam, structural analysis solutions, and IFC, BCF and DXF/DWG-based exchange, etc.

Plan2Model

Anonymous
Not applicable
What is it, and what is it good for?
6 REPLIES 6
Anonymous
Not applicable
One Click from your 2d Plans-To-Models..
TomWaltz
Participant
Rashid wrote:
Once P2M is setup and configured, yes, it's wonderful. That setup and configuration can take longer than it would to redraw the whole thing, and can vary on every project!
Tom Waltz
Anonymous
Not applicable
Tom,

Thought you'd be impressed by the sarcasm... I did consider Plan2Model a while but but decided against for your exact reason... Sorry Cole.. no shortcuts!
Anonymous
Not applicable
Rashid wrote:

Yeah it looks good, but now that I have heard what Tom says. I am re-considering.
TomWaltz
Participant
Cole_Construction wrote:
[Yeah it looks good, but now that I have heard what Tom says. I am re-considering.
It's kind if impressive, actually. You assign groups of lines or blocks to import as walls or library objects. If you are repeatedly importing DWGs from a single, consistant, well-standardized source, it would be perfect. If not, it's a bit of a headache.
Tom Waltz
Anonymous
Not applicable
We fooled around with it a few times...
We wanted to convert some old blueprints of a house for a new addition design. Converting raster to DWG then using Plan to 3D.
Geesh...way too much work just getting the settings right.
We saw how much time we were wasting and canned it.

Finally just scanned the old prints and inserted the .jpg image, sized it accordingly....then "traced " over the linework with walls and other elements.

Is this how most of you do it as well?
Learn and get certified!