Collaboration with other software
About model and data exchange with 3rd party solutions: Revit, Solibri, dRofus, Bluebeam, structural analysis solutions, and IFC, BCF and DXF/DWG-based exchange, etc.

Plotmaker 9 to DWG = Empty DWG?

Anonymous
Not applicable
When I pushlish a page of my layout book to .dwg format, it seems to publish just fine, but when I open the .dwg in archicad to check it ,I get a totally empty file.

Any input? Whats up with that?
6 REPLIES 6
Anonymous
Not applicable
Ok, Apparently this does open ok in autocad, but I can't open them in archicad and see anything.

Strange that I can write a dwg file with plotmaker but can't open it in ArchiCad and see anything.

Anyone have any hints to get these dwgs to behave a bit more normally?

I don't like sending files out blind, not knowing if they really have any content in them or not.
Djordje
Ace
Maxam wrote:
Ok, Apparently this does open ok in autocad, but I can't open them in archicad and see anything.
Open it in PlotMaker.
Djordje

ArchiCAD since 4.55 ... 1995
HP Omen
Anonymous
Not applicable
Djordje wrote:
Maxam wrote:
Open it in PlotMaker.
Put is there any way of opening it in AC9 for viewing the accuracy of export and or modifying it further?
Thanks,
joseph
TomWaltz
Participant
Open it in PlotMaker.
The only way to be 100% sure of what someone else is getting it to open it in AutoCAD yourself and look. Opening in Archicad or Plotmaker is great in theory, but is not going to be exact.

It kind of stinks, but we keep a copy of AutoCAD LT for just that purpose (as well as plotting drawings that are sent to us)
Tom Waltz
Anonymous
Not applicable
TomWaltz wrote:
Open it in PlotMaker.
The only way to be 100% sure of what someone else is getting it to open it in AutoCAD yourself and look. Opening in Archicad or Plotmaker is great in theory, but is not going to be exact.

It kind of stinks, but we keep a copy of AutoCAD LT for just that purpose (as well as plotting drawings that are sent to us)
But why AC9 can not open it or can it with a specific setting?
Joseph
TomWaltz
Participant
But why AC9 can not open it or can it with a specific setting?
The common reason is related to combinations of Model Space/Paper Space. Archicad cannot read both at the same time, neither can Plotmaker. It also depends on the Open/Save settings in your translator.

If you published from Plotmaker did you set the files to export to a single DWG, or to a sheet with XREFs? Which of these output options you used will determine what Open settings you will need in your translator.

It can be a pain, but it's like the old Bruce Hornsby song says, "That's just the way it is"
Tom Waltz