Collaboration with other software
About model and data exchange with 3rd party solutions: Revit, Solibri, dRofus, Bluebeam, structural analysis solutions, and IFC, BCF and DXF/DWG-based exchange, etc.

Plugin to Cinema 4D R10

_Salmon
Contributor
Hello,

first of all.. does the connection ArchiCAD-Cinema 4D work correctly to anybody????? Please tell me if so..

I´m an user, work with ArchiCAD 11. I recently got Cinema 4D because all advertisements talk about the perfect match ArchiCAD-Cinema 4D, as well as a match to MaxonForm. Well, it looks like a promising present and future. I used to work with Artlantis (R y Studio) for 2 years, but this software is small, not enough for the work I do.

After several days of tests and multiple trials, I´m that, on having imported the model of ArchiCAD in Cinema 4D, the textures do not support the correct orientations, with the disturbance it means. On the other hand, to export on 3DS format keeps the textures orientation transfer correctly. Nevertheless the format 3DS can´t be updated as CD4.

It´s seen clearly that there´s a lack of willpower, sloveliness in the development of this connection plugin between ArchiCAD and Cinema 4D, being it so simple to do. My questions are; What´s going on? Does anyone realize this error and is someone doing anything to correct it? What is Graphisoft´s position in this matter? I´m thinking about return, give Cinema 4D back for deceitful advertising.

I got in touch with Cinema 4D makers and they told me that the problem belongs to Graphisoft

Thanks a lot to all

Alberto Salmon
Architect
Since AC6

Win10pro / Intel Xeon E5-1650v4 / 128Gb DDR4 2400 MHz ECC REG / NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1080 / SSD Toshiba 512GB M.2
11 REPLIES 11
Thomas Holm
Booster
Perhaps you could find a way to report it to Nemetschek ( http://www.nemetschek.com ). They own both Graphisoft and Maxon. Full cooperation between the programs should be in their interest.
(Edited) And, there's no need to post the same thing in three places. We read them all!
AC4.1-AC26SWE; MacOS13.5.1; MP5,1+MBP16,1
Eduardo Rolon
Actually I use AC11 with C4D 10 all the time without problems, the best way is to export using Maxon's AC plugin ($75 or free with the C4D architectural?). Second Option to try is to export as Obj and last as 3DS. I have been using both since AC08 and C4D 8.5.

Anyway to solve the problem you might post the steps that you are doing and what you are trying to accomplish. Also please add your OS to your signature as there are some problems that are OS specific.

Lastly if you are exporting the AC file as ac4d file then the option of having the texture exported correctly is not that big of a problem since the purpose of this bridge is that you will substitute AC's textures with C4Ds thus you will have to manually tweak them once and after that updating and re-exporting the file will keep the materials current.
Eduardo Rolón AIA NCARB
AC27 US/INT -> AC08

Macbook Pro M1 Max 64GB ram, OS X 10.XX latest
another Moderator

_Salmon
Contributor
thanks, sorry for my english..

eduardo, the problems is if the import dont preserve the correct texture orientation ¿how do you reorientate the textures of each plane of the roof if all the plantes are grouped in a object??? (See attached image). I dont know it can. Its the only way you can import a model from ArchiCAD into Cinema 4D.

thomas, i have sent a report to both companies and both say that the problem is of the other one..

regards
Since AC6

Win10pro / Intel Xeon E5-1650v4 / 128Gb DDR4 2400 MHz ECC REG / NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1080 / SSD Toshiba 512GB M.2
Eduardo Rolon
either assign a different material to each "side" of the roof or create a New sub-selection in C4D for those planes.

Anyway I am guessing since the Image was not attached.
Eduardo Rolón AIA NCARB
AC27 US/INT -> AC08

another Moderator

_Salmon
Contributor
Sorry eduardo,

http://www.c4des.com/c4desforo/index.php?action=dlattach;topic=9954.0;attach=14179;image

you can see i talk about

WXP 64
ArhiCAD 11 Spa
Cinema 4D R10 (learning)
Since AC6

Thomas Holm
Booster
gandarillass wrote:
thomas, i have sent a report to both companies and both say that the problem is of the other one..
I'm sorry, Somewhere I read that you buy it from Maxon, then it should be theirs, but I don't know. My idea was to contact the company who owns both. That may be difficult.
AC4.1-AC26SWE; MacOS13.5.1; MP5,1+MBP16,1
Karl Ottenstein
gandarillass wrote:
Hello,

first of all.. does the connection ArchiCAD-Cinema 4D work correctly to anybody????? Please tell me if so..
Alberto,

Please do not post the same question more than once. I've deleted your other two posts in other forums.

Karl / Moderator
One of the forum moderators
AC 27 USA and earlier   •   macOS Ventura 13.6.6, MacBook Pro M2 Max 12CPU/30GPU cores, 32GB
Eduardo Rolon
Alberto, no conocía que existia un foro de C4D en español aunque por encima se ve bueno. Switching to english before a moderator deletes the post

first option for your problem is that you can use AC's Roof Accessories to add all the spanish tiles in 3D instead of faking with textures. Rendering time will go up but it wil look better Check the goodies option under Help

second option still is to create for sub-selection in C4D for each roof which is not that difficult.

The third is to assign a different material to each roof plane so that it can be changed in C4D and controlled by clicking on the material and changing its mapping options.

Como último se pueden poner imágenes en este foro sin problemas.
Eduardo Rolón AIA NCARB
AC27 US/INT -> AC08

another Moderator

Anonymous
Not applicable
Karl wrote:
gandarillass wrote:
Hello,

Alberto,

Please do not post the same question more than once. I've deleted your other two posts in other forums.

Karl / Moderator
Hello,
I can´t find answer for my question here, so: "can anybody describe to me the way to get Cinema 4D files into Archicad for later project documentation?"
(I own Cinema 4D R10 Architecture Edition, Archicad 10 and 11)
Thank you Ondrej