BIM Coordinator Program (INT) April 22, 2024

Find the next step in your career as a Graphisoft Certified BIM Coordinator!

Collaboration with other software
About model and data exchange with 3rd party solutions: Revit, Solibri, dRofus, Bluebeam, structural analysis solutions, and IFC, BCF and DXF/DWG-based exchange, etc.

Plugin to Cinema 4D R10

_Salmon
Contributor
Hello,

first of all.. does the connection ArchiCAD-Cinema 4D work correctly to anybody????? Please tell me if so..

I´m an user, work with ArchiCAD 11. I recently got Cinema 4D because all advertisements talk about the perfect match ArchiCAD-Cinema 4D, as well as a match to MaxonForm. Well, it looks like a promising present and future. I used to work with Artlantis (R y Studio) for 2 years, but this software is small, not enough for the work I do.

After several days of tests and multiple trials, I´m that, on having imported the model of ArchiCAD in Cinema 4D, the textures do not support the correct orientations, with the disturbance it means. On the other hand, to export on 3DS format keeps the textures orientation transfer correctly. Nevertheless the format 3DS can´t be updated as CD4.

It´s seen clearly that there´s a lack of willpower, sloveliness in the development of this connection plugin between ArchiCAD and Cinema 4D, being it so simple to do. My questions are; What´s going on? Does anyone realize this error and is someone doing anything to correct it? What is Graphisoft´s position in this matter? I´m thinking about return, give Cinema 4D back for deceitful advertising.

I got in touch with Cinema 4D makers and they told me that the problem belongs to Graphisoft

Thanks a lot to all

Alberto Salmon
Architect
Since AC6

Win10pro / Intel Xeon E5-1650v4 / 128Gb DDR4 2400 MHz ECC REG / NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1080 / SSD Toshiba 512GB M.2
11 REPLIES 11
Anonymous
Not applicable
It seems to be that you need the plug-in and addon for C4D and ArchiCAD respectively.

See

http://www.archicadwiki.com/MaxonForm
and
http://www.graphisoft.com/support/maxonform/downloads/

But someone who uses this combination might be better informed...
Anonymous
Not applicable
I might be a little thick, but I need some help to straighten the "Add-on plug-in MaxonForm C4D" confusion for me.

For many reasons C4D I think would fit our office needs well, but we from time to time we need some free-form tools (ex. uneven barrelvaults in the medieval churches that we work on). So I'd like to eksport objects from C4D to AC, without creating a seperate file (3DS).

1. I'd like to know if there is a "bridge" for between AC11 and the current available C4D (10.5) and where I can obtain it?

2. If there is such, can I use the C4D modelling tools from within AC, like the MaxonForm application?

3. Any other suggestions, on how to work seemless between AC and C4D.

Thanks for any comments (and patience)

/Rasmus
Learn and get certified!