BIM Coordinator Program (INT) April 22, 2024
Find the next step in your career as a Graphisoft Certified BIM Coordinator!
Collaboration with other software
About model and data exchange with 3rd party solutions: Revit, Solibri, dRofus, Bluebeam, structural analysis solutions, and IFC, BCF and DXF/DWG-based exchange, etc.
SOLVED!

Point 0 and North setup for BCF comunacation

Anonymous
Not applicable
Hi,

I'm trying to set up communication workflow based on BCF. What I have noticed that BCF saved either from Kubus or Markup tool are not influenced by North setup in Archicad.

After import to DDS or TeklaBIMsigth viewpoint, form comments show different empty space nearby the model. As it turned out IFC is turned according to North angle set up in AC. BCF, however, is not influenced and shows point as it was saved in model coordinates.

Is there any way to make it work properly?

I have a small workaround in mind. So we set up north to 0 in building models and export them for clash detection purposes. And for a final model, we adjust the angle with survey point to match building with the site model.
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solution
Anonymous
Not applicable
Thanks, Erwin It was a good idea. Working workaround for this issue is to adjust the rotation of survey point GDL object to True North value then BCF is saved with proper orientation.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
Erwin Edel
Rockstar
Have you talked to their support? http://www.bimcollab.com/en/Support

Kubus' support on ArchiCAD is top notch for the subscribers, so I would just ask them for help.
Erwin Edel, Project Lead, Leloup Architecten
www.leloup.nl

ArchiCAD 9-26NED FULL
Windows 10 Pro
Adobe Design Premium CS5
Anonymous
Not applicable
Hi,

Not yet, this was the first place I thought of. I supposed that someone had this problem before . I have sent ticket we will see how they can help. Thanks for the suggestion.
Solution
Anonymous
Not applicable
Thanks, Erwin It was a good idea. Working workaround for this issue is to adjust the rotation of survey point GDL object to True North value then BCF is saved with proper orientation.
Learn and get certified!