BIM Coordinator Program (INT) April 22, 2024

Find the next step in your career as a Graphisoft Certified BIM Coordinator!

Collaboration with other software
About model and data exchange with 3rd party solutions: Revit, Solibri, dRofus, Bluebeam, structural analysis solutions, and IFC, BCF and DXF/DWG-based exchange, etc.

Position (exterior/interior) of a curtain wall panel

Anonymous
Not applicable
In the settings for doors and windows there is the ID and Categories tab with ID, structural function and position.

The whole curtain wall is set to exterior but on the ground floor I have replaced a few panels with doors and classified them with all the related properties, however I am not able to define the position.

I need to have these doors show up in the schedule as exterior.

Could someone tell me how I can edit the curtain wall panel to add the position?
3 REPLIES 3
Laszlo Nagy
Community Admin
Community Admin
Unfortunately, the "Position" parameter is available only for the Curtain Wall element, but not available for any of its sub-elements such as Frames and Panels (a Door in a Curtain is a type of Panel). So, the best you can do is just create a Property called "Position", and make it available for elements with "Curtain Wall Panel" Classification. Make its Data Type "Object Set", and define the values "Exterior" and "Interior" for it.
Then this "Position" Property will appear on the Curtain Wall Panel page.

Loving Archicad since 1995 - Find Archicad Tips at x.com/laszlonagy
AMD Ryzen9 5900X CPU, 64 GB RAM 3600 MHz, Nvidia GTX 1060 6GB, 500 GB NVMe SSD
2x28" (2560x1440), Windows 10 PRO ENG, Ac20-Ac27
Anonymous
Not applicable
Yes I've sadly come to realize this. Thank you, but the problem with this solution is that I already have a column in the schedule for the actual position parameter for doors. Where the panels (which are classified as doors) are listed I get --- for the position.
Laszlo Nagy
Community Admin
Community Admin
I came up with a solution.
I have created a Property named "DW Position". Its Data Type is "Option Set", and for the Option Set, I defined two values: "Exterior", and "Interior". It is available for the Classifications "Door" and "Window".

This will be available for both Doors and Curtain Wall Panels classified as Doors. Just make sure to use this Property to set the Position value for both Doors and Curtain Wall Panels classified as Doors. Also make sure to use this Property in schedules, because the "Position" general parameter will not return any value for Curtain Wall Panels classified as Doors.

Loving Archicad since 1995 - Find Archicad Tips at x.com/laszlonagy
AMD Ryzen9 5900X CPU, 64 GB RAM 3600 MHz, Nvidia GTX 1060 6GB, 500 GB NVMe SSD
2x28" (2560x1440), Windows 10 PRO ENG, Ac20-Ac27
Learn and get certified!