BIM Coordinator Program (INT) April 22, 2024

Find the next step in your career as a Graphisoft Certified BIM Coordinator!

Project data & BIM
About BIM-based management of attributes, schedules, templates, favorites, hotlinks, projects in general, quality assurance, etc.

Possible to pair one BIMCloud Basic Manager with serveral BIMCloud Server Module

SeRohde
Booster
Hi at all,

since AC23 is released i am about to roll it out in our Company. My Ressources are rather limited at the moment and i seem to not fully understand the possibilities of the new way BIMCloud (Basic) offers.

Basically the question is: Is it possible to pair one BIMCloud Basic Manager with serveral BIMCloud Server Modules (and different Version like v21 v22 v23)? Or do I have to maintain a Manager Module for each of them?

Thanks in advance for any hints, help and suggestions.

Here is our Setup:

http://www.planungs-ring.de/chart/BIM-Chart2.jpg
Admin of BIM [Cloud] [SaaS] [Server] | AC 19-25 [Win&Mac Clients] | VM's
3 REPLIES 3
Laszlo Nagy
Community Admin
Community Admin
Support for multiple ARCHICAD versions is available only in BIMcloud (but not in BIMcloud Basic):

https://helpcenter.graphisoft.com/user-guide/83069/
Loving Archicad since 1995 - Find Archicad Tips at x.com/laszlonagy
AMD Ryzen9 5900X CPU, 64 GB RAM 3600 MHz, Nvidia GTX 1060 6GB, 500 GB NVMe SSD
2x28" (2560x1440), Windows 10 PRO ENG, Ac20-Ac27
Is it possible to update the BIMCloud Basic from one supported version to another or a new intall is required?
We are also upgrading our workstations from 22 to 23 and I see no option in the Manager.
Thank you.
arch. ernest atanasiu
AC 10-26 INT/GER/FR on Win 10/ Win 11
Noemi Balogh
Community Admin
Community Admin
Hi uisanata,

It is not possible to migrate a BIMcloud Basic to one version from another. Once you locked it to a certain version, it stays like this (except if you upgrade to full BIMcloud).

In your case, a new installation is needed and projects should be migrated either manually (re-share PLN-s to the new setup with ARCHICAD 23) or through the Migrate Teamwork option (similar to the first, maybe a bit more complex, so I suggest the first option).

Kind regards,

Noémi Balogh

Community Expert, Admin

Learn and get certified!