BIM Coordinator Program (INT) April 22, 2024
Find the next step in your career as a Graphisoft Certified BIM Coordinator!
Collaboration with other software
About model and data exchange with 3rd party solutions: Revit, Solibri, dRofus, Bluebeam, structural analysis solutions, and IFC, BCF and DXF/DWG-based exchange, etc.

Precast Concrete Schedule

Anonymous
Not applicable
Hi All,

Just wanted to know if there was a way to create an elevation wall schedule?

Looking to create a precast wall schedule to supply to the engineer to do his working.

Is there a way to create a such a thing?
2 REPLIES 2
Eduardo Rolon
Last time I did I just made individual elevations for each panel since I was using continuous walls. If you create an object for the different type of walls the you could schedule it.
Eduardo Rolón AIA NCARB
AC27 US/INT -> AC08

Macbook Pro M1 Max 64GB ram, OS X 10.XX latest
another Moderator

Erwin Edel
Rockstar
You could model the mortar joints and such with a higher priority building material with a (complex profile) collumn. Make sure your precast concrete part of the wall is set up as 'core' and the walls as 'load bearing', make sure those collumns are set up as 'other' and 'not load bearing'. Now you can make elevations for 'core of load-bearing elements only' for the wall, where you would only see the pre-cast bits. However, once you go down that path, you'll probably notice that connection details for windows/doors etc etc are 'off' as well and it starts to be a lot of work to get things right.

If it were my project (as architectural firm), I'd supply some principle details of connections, model the wall as one complete bit of concrete, possibly showing some detail that makes sense up to 1:50 scale and check the production drawings from the factory before things are produced and not bother with doing their work. But maybe the Dutch construction marker differs a lot from yours.
Erwin Edel, Project Lead, Leloup Architecten
www.leloup.nl

ArchiCAD 9-26NED FULL
Windows 10 Pro
Adobe Design Premium CS5
Learn and get certified!