Collaborate forum
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Precison in Schedules

Jan Vlach
Enthusiast
This question may soon turn into a wish, so admins, feel free to move it if you see fit.

I was tasked with creating a schedule of steel components of a fairly custom facade, made up from various extrusions of walls, columns, and beams. The main point of interest was the tonnage of all parts. First I wanted to use the expressions to calculate it, but I was in a hurry and found it a bit more complex for my liking.

So I abandoned the idea and choose to get the cubature instead and do the multiplication manually (well, in excel). I did that, however, then I ran to a problem: You see Archicad will give me cubic meters (or some imperial units) with precision to two decimal points. I can see this being fairly handy when it comes to concrete or bricks, however not very useful for steel, as a small rounding up or down can have a significant effect on the outcome. So the question is: can I choose more decimal points? (Changing working units does nothing) Or (and that would be awesome) Could we choose the listing parameter and the units separately?

(You see, I told you it will end up a wish:-)

Ps: when I calculated the tonnage entirely by hand I had found I am about 10% off with my previous estimate.
From Archicad 8.5 all the way to the present.
Passionate Autocad hater as well.
Wish to save palets and menus individualy in work enviroments:
https://bit.ly/3pg3Bx7
4 REPLIES 4

Barry Kelly
You need to change the 'calculation' units and not the working units.
With m³ you can have up to 4 decimal places with extra accuracy if needed.

Barry.

One of the forum moderators.
Versions 6.5 to 25
Dell XPS- i7-6700 @ 3.4Ghz, 16GB ram, GeForce GTX 960 (2GB), Windows 10
Dell Precision 3510 - i7 6820HQ @ 2.70GHz, 16GB RAM, AMD FirePro W5130M, Windows 10

Jan Vlach
Enthusiast
Thanks for reaction Barry,
I had suspected that I am overlooking something obvious.

At the same time, I believe that it would be great if we could specify the output units and precision for each column of each table as often we need different precision for different use-cases.

Eduardo Rolon
This can be done using Properties and Expressions to create the units roundup.
eduardo rolón AIA NCARB
Another of the forum moderators.
Macbook Pro 2.4 i9 32GB ram
OS X 10.XX latest
AC25 US/INT -> AC08

Jan Vlach
Enthusiast
I suppose it can, I will have to look into it. Originally I wanted to compute the whole thing using expressions, however, I found it a bit more difficult than I hoped for. I have to look more into expressions when I get the time.

Still looking?

Browse more topics

Back to forum

See latest solutions

Accepted solutions

Start a new discussion!