Collaboration with other software
About model and data exchange with 3rd party solutions: Revit, Solibri, dRofus, Bluebeam, structural analysis solutions, and IFC, BCF and DXF/DWG-based exchange, etc.

Problem regarding very slow wall tool!

RPF
Participant

Hi,

I'm trying out with the new Archicad 25 version, but suddenly everything related to the wall tool runs very slow, takes many seconds, and sometimes looks like it gets stuck.

I used to work with the 21 version on an old MacBook Pro computer— it worked flawlessly. Now I'm working on a new MacBook Pro, trying the new Archicad version, and can't continue anymore.

Is there anyone who knows what the problem might be?

Thank you,
Rodrigo.

22 REPLIES 22
Erwin Edel
Rockstar

Is the wall tool set to a complex profile wall? Perhaps the profile has some issues with tiny gaps etc which makes the generation of the floor plan display of the wall very slow.

Try drawing a simple Basic wall (no composite or complex profile) and see if that is any faster.

Erwin Edel, Project Lead, Leloup Architecten
www.leloup.nl

ArchiCAD 9-26NED FULL
Windows 10 Pro
Adobe Design Premium CS5

Hi Minh,

Do you have an email I can send my file to?

Thank you,

Rodrigo.

RPF
Participant

Hi Erwin,

I'm working with only basic walls. I also realized that the zoom is also very slow. A friend of mind told me that it maybe some issue regarding the graphic card.

Best,

Rodrigo.

Minh Nguyen
Graphisoft Alumni
Graphisoft Alumni

Hi Rodrigo,

I am so sorry for my late reply!

I will send you a special link through Private Message where you can securely upload the file to our server.

Thank you very much for your help!

Best regards,

Minh

Minh Nguyen
Technical Support Engineer
GRAPHISOFT

It's ok, Minh.

I wait for the message.

Thank you,

Rodrigo.

Minh Nguyen
Graphisoft Alumni
Graphisoft Alumni

Hi Rodrigo,

I have sent a message to you through the Private Message function yesterday. Could you please take a look again?

Thank you very much!

Best regards,

Minh

Minh Nguyen
GRAPHISOFT

Hi Minh,

I already sent it to you.

Regards,

Rodrigo.

Minh Nguyen
Graphisoft Alumni
Graphisoft Alumni

Hi Rodrigo,

I got the file, thank you very much!

I tested it with Archicad 25 INT, but have no slowness issue. But I notice that, Trace & Reference function is active. It doesn't cause any slowness on my end, but this could be the source of the problem. I'm wondering if you turn off Trace & Reference, as well as the Guide Lines, does it help with performance?

Best regards,

Minh

Minh Nguyen
GRAPHISOFT

Hi Minh,

Thank you for your reply. I very much appreciate your help.

I tried to work with Trace & Reference off—it seems to work much better; I don't understand the problem, as I have always worked using this tool.

Regards,
Rodrigo.

Minh Nguyen
Graphisoft Alumni
Graphisoft Alumni

Hi Rodrigo,

Usually, in a very big project, Trace & Reference can cause big slowness, for example, Archicad is processing two plans having two different view settings. But, the project you sent us is quite small, so I couldn't come up with an idea why it is slow. I would like to ask you to carry out the following test:

1. Start Archicad and open the project file

2. Turn on Trace & Reference

3. Try to reproduce the issue

4. While Archicad freezes/is slow, please collect a few samples process (3 to 4 would be enough), based on this guide

Then please send them to the previous link in the Private Message.

Please let me know if there is anything unclear!

Best regards,

Minh

Minh Nguyen
GRAPHISOFT