Collaboration with other software
About model and data exchange with 3rd party solutions: Revit, Solibri, dRofus, Bluebeam, structural analysis solutions, and IFC, BCF and DXF/DWG-based exchange, etc.

Problem when attaching a Xref DWG

Anonymous
Not applicable
Hi,

I've recently updated my Archicad to version 23 an ever since I've been experiencing a problem when attaching a Xref dwg. Before I click on the node to insert the xref I can see the outline of the drawing but after that, nothing happens... I've seen some videos and read some articles but they were not helpful. Hope someone can help me with that.

Thanks in advance!
5 REPLIES 5
Hello Guilherme Seror,

It happens regulary that the dwg are positioned very very far from the origin or that the unit of the dwg is wrong (wrong scale too). Did you try to zoom out ? Have you checked the presence of the dwg in the Xref manager ? Did you try to put your dwg by importing it like a drawing ? did you check you dwg first ?
Christophe - FRANCE
Archicad Designer and Teacher
Archicad 15 to 27 FRA FULL

OS 11.6 Big Sur - MacBook Pro 2017 - 16Go RAM
"Quality is never an accident ; it's always the result of an intelligent effort" John Ruskin
Anonymous
Not applicable
Hi Cristophe,

When I import the dwg as a drawing it works perfectly, but I need it as an xref so i can edit and convert the lines into construction elements. I tried to zoom out, zoom extents, verify the xref manager but still can't figure out what's happening.

My friend is currently using Archicad 22 and I did a test to verify if the function was working there, and for my surprise it was. So maybe it is really a problem with the current 23 version.
Hello,

I can test it your DWG, if you want, cause I don't have the same mistake after attaching a Xref DWG.
Christophe - FRANCE
Archicad Designer and Teacher
Archicad 15 to 27 FRA FULL

OS 11.6 Big Sur - MacBook Pro 2017 - 16Go RAM
"Quality is never an accident ; it's always the result of an intelligent effort" John Ruskin
Barry Kelly
Guilherme wrote:
When I import the dwg as a drawing it works perfectly, but I need it as an xref so i can edit and convert the lines into construction elements.

You can explode a placed drawing if you need to.
I have never had the need to use XREF.
I am sure it is just there to keep old Auotocad users happy.

Barry.
One of the forum moderators.
Versions 6.5 to 27
Dell XPS- i7-6700 @ 3.4Ghz, 16GB ram, GeForce GTX 960 (2GB), Windows 10
Lenovo Thinkpad - i7-1270P 2.20 GHz, 32GB RAM, Nvidia T550, Windows 11
Lukas Zeleny
Enthusiast
DWG import is different in archicad 23. It imports elements as "new" in renovation status. So you have to change renovation filter to see them.
BIM Manager at SIEBERT+TALAŠ
www.sieberttalas.com