Collaboration with other software
About model and data exchange with 3rd party solutions: Revit, Solibri, dRofus, Bluebeam, structural analysis solutions, and IFC, BCF and DXF/DWG-based exchange, etc.

Problem with IFC export

mogan
Participant

Hello. I'm here to ask you if anyone had problem with exporting IFC?

I'm pretty new here in Archicad. We made a model in Archicad and now we need to export it for Revit.
It starts exporting and then around 50ish %  it just crashes. Tried the same thing on other PC's, same.. We need IFC to keep working in another software.

Regards

3 REPLIES 3
Miha_M
Advisor

I don't think anyone can help you based on this problem description as it can depend on so many factors.  How big is you model? Do you have any errors in you Session Report after opening the 3D model window? How have your elements been classified, through assigned properties and the Archicad v2 classifications and is you IFC mapping through this set up as it should be? Which IFC export translator did you use? Do you have the latest updates for Archicad, including RFA&RVT Geometry Exchange?

| Archicad 4.55 - 27
| HP Z840 | 2× E5-2643 v4 | 64 GB RAM | Quadro M5000 | Windows 10 Pro x64
| HP Z4 G4 | W-2245 | 64 GB RAM | RTX A4000 | Windows 11

Sorry for the late reply. it seems that we managed to found the source. Too much special operation involved. it caused unecessary calculations. need to try that later.

I have another question.

We received IFC file from Archicad that is georeferenced. After we imported it in Revit it seems that model phisically goes at its position, but levels used in Archicad seems to be tied for elevation of internal origin i.e 0,0,0 . not with real world elevation that is defined in survey point in Archicad. Is there a solution for this kind of problem?

Clipboard01.jpg

Miha_M
Advisor

In Revit you can have as many levels set up as you want, but you need to have levels set up in such way that you only activate the "Building Story" on levels, which were agreed upon the whole project BEP - the same ones you have in Archicad.

Maybe that will solve your problem.

| Archicad 4.55 - 27
| HP Z840 | 2× E5-2643 v4 | 64 GB RAM | Quadro M5000 | Windows 10 Pro x64
| HP Z4 G4 | W-2245 | 64 GB RAM | RTX A4000 | Windows 11