Collaboration with other software
About model and data exchange with 3rd party solutions: Revit, Solibri, dRofus, Bluebeam, structural analysis solutions, and IFC, BCF and DXF/DWG-based exchange, etc.
SOLVED!

Problem with demolition phase in IFC viewer

Anonymous
Not applicable
I can't find an appropriate place to post this so forgive me. But, I am having problems exporting renovation filters to an IFC file. The IFC viewer the engineer uses cannot see the Demolition Phase. When he clicks on that Phase, all the elements disappear.
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solution
Barry Kelly
NBaker wrote:
I can't find an appropriate place to post this so forgive me. But, I am having problems exporting renovation filters to an IFC file. The IFC viewer the engineer uses cannot see the Demolition Phase. When he clicks on that Phase, all the elements disappear.
You are forgiven, but please don't just tack on to any other post.
Create a new one.
This has nothing to do with mesh contours.
I have split, renamed and moved your post to Data Exchange & Information Sharing.
Just reading the section titles and descriptions should give you a pretty good idea of where to post.
Moderators will move the post if in the wrong section.

Sorry I don't have an answer for you though.

Barry.
One of the forum moderators.
Versions 6.5 to 27
Dell XPS- i7-6700 @ 3.4Ghz, 16GB ram, GeForce GTX 960 (2GB), Windows 10
Lenovo Thinkpad - i7-1270P 2.20 GHz, 32GB RAM, Nvidia T550, Windows 11

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
Solution
Barry Kelly
NBaker wrote:
You are forgiven, but please don't just tack on to any other post.
Create a new one.
This has nothing to do with mesh contours.
I have split, renamed and moved your post to Data Exchange & Information Sharing.
Just reading the section titles and descriptions should give you a pretty good idea of where to post.
Moderators will move the post if in the wrong section.

Sorry I don't have an answer for you though.

Barry.
One of the forum moderators.
Versions 6.5 to 27
Dell XPS- i7-6700 @ 3.4Ghz, 16GB ram, GeForce GTX 960 (2GB), Windows 10
Lenovo Thinkpad - i7-1270P 2.20 GHz, 32GB RAM, Nvidia T550, Windows 11
Anonymous
Not applicable
Have you actually exported all renovation statuses / phases or just the final status.
I use view that has a renovation filter that shows all elements and all layers turned on for export to IFC

Regards
Scott
Szabolcs Miko
Graphisoft
Graphisoft
NBaker wrote:
Renovation statuses are automatically created as a custom property set in the IFC file. If, according to the settings, all visible elements are exported from the 3D window, and all content of the renovation statuses are visible you should be able to filter by it.

Szabolcs Mikó

Education Program Manager

Anonymous
Not applicable
The export option is set to "entire project" and the end user still can't see the demo layers.