Collaboration with other software
About model and data exchange with 3rd party solutions: Revit, Solibri, dRofus, Bluebeam, structural analysis solutions, and IFC, BCF and DXF/DWG-based exchange, etc.

Problem with white fills after opening a DWG

Anonymous
Not applicable
The obscure problem im having is this: white color (as fills, lines, in walls, slabs etc...) doesnt work. Every other color works fine.
I can make 100% fills with red, blue, whatever but not white. If I try to create a white fill (a wall with a white fill and so on)
the result is light grey. If I make a custom grey pen color and a fill with it, and then gradually make the grey lighter and lighter
the result refuses to get any lighter than the aforementioned light grey (about R230, G230, B230), like as if theres somekind of limit
as to how light a color can be. The same problem with lines.

I remember I had this same problem some years ago and the cause was that I had opened (file -> open) a dwg in archicad. Somehow it fucks up
the color scheme. I opened a dwg yesterday too...

Now the question is, has anyone noticed this same problem and is there any other cure than to reinstall Archicad (I remember doing that to fix the problem before)?

Im using archicad 14 on Windows Vista business (had the same problem in archicad 12 before)
8 REPLIES 8
Anonymous
Not applicable
White translates to black in autocad.
You would have to customize a translation from archicad to dwg.
The default translations are keeping your white fills from disappearing when opened in autocad.
Anonymous
Not applicable
The problem persists in every new file created or old file opened after the event of opening a dwg
Anonymous
Not applicable
Look at the DXF-DWG setup
you might need to be using RGB color for conversion
to keep the 255,255,255 settings
Screen shot 2011-06-13 at 10.56.27 AM.jpg
Anonymous
Not applicable
Doesnt seem to do any good There should be some setting tab somewhere for the _current open project_. I tried what you said though, and opened a dwg but nothing changed, cant draw anything white, not in the dwg or any other project file.
Anonymous
Not applicable
Hi,

Check your penset, opening a DWG file will open it with the native Autocad colors and attributes, a better way is to merge them into the Archicad file, in this way you will add Autocad's attributes but you will keep native Archicad one's too.

The other method is the drag & drop which doesn't add or remove any attributes (only by request), the content will appear as a drawing on the story you dropped the file. You can explode it if necessary later, choosing the right option to keep primitives only , keep original elements too or to keep drawing primitives on element's original layer

Regards, Ede
David Maudlin
Virtuoso
Jussi wrote:
The obscure problem im having is this: white color (as fills, lines, in walls, slabs etc...) doesnt work. Every other color works fine.
I can make 100% fills with red, blue, whatever but not white. If I try to create a white fill (a wall with a white fill and so on) the result is light grey.
Look at Work Environment > User Preference Schemes > On-Screen Options > Automatic Pen Color Visibility Adjustment for Model Views. This gives white fills a light grey color for visibility on light back grounds.

You should add a Signature to your Profile (click the Profile button near the top of this page) with your ArchiCAD version and operating system (see mine for an example) for more accurate help in this forum.

David
David Maudlin / Architect
www.davidmaudlin.com
Digital Architecture
AC27 USA • iMac 27" 4.0GHz Quad-core i7 OSX11 | 24 gb ram • MacBook Pro M3 Pro | 36 gb ram OSX14
Anonymous
Not applicable
David wrote:
Look at Work Environment > User Preference Schemes > On-Screen Options > Automatic Pen Color Visibility Adjustment for Model Views. This gives white fills a light grey color for visibility on light back grounds.
Thanks David! That solved it.
Anonymous
Not applicable
hello, i think i was having a similar problem, yet still had not solved it.
whats my problem is that i am exporting my archicad drawing to dwg and the fillings that are white in archicad are grey in autocad. i'd just change them manually to white in autocad but its a lot of small ones, so this could take a while.
im using the 03 type of translation (export without changes)
the other ones dont work out, they have no fillings or other problems.
i'll appreciate any help and thanks in advance.