Teamwork & BIMcloud
About Teamwork, BIMcloud, BIMcloud Basic, BIMcloud Software as a Service, network settings, etc.

Problems : Bim server with files on a network drive

Anonymous
Not applicable
Hi!

I got a problem, we use network fileservers at our office were we store all our files / data. But on this machines we can't install other serverapplications so we have to install BIM-server on a machine were we don't want our bim-server projects stored. But I can't get it work.

If I set up a machine with BIM-server and set bim-server project directory to a local drive, for example C:\bim-project, it works fine!
But if I set up a machine with BIM-server and directory to U:\bim-project (where U: is an network drive), I got message "Try again when server is online" or similiar when I try to share a project. I tried on different machines, same problem.

I have highest access level on the network drive.
2 REPLIES 2
kevin b
Contributor
We had similar issues and my understanding now is that the project files must reside on the BIM server. We did this and it seems to have resolved some of the problems.
kevin s burns, AIA

massachusetts, usa

AC25 (1413), since AC6

Windows 10

Intel Core i7 -8700 @ 3.2 GHz~ 16 GB ram
Holger Kreienbrink
Graphisoft
Graphisoft
Network drives are not the best solution as they always need to be mounted and the connection speed is unsuffient.
You might try other Systems than SMB, etc liek Fibre Channel, where the connection speed is much more higher and the connection type is different.

The Libraries and projects can be stored on another partition of the server, but network drives do not work.
Holger Kreienbrink
Director Product Intelligence
Munich, Germany
Archicad since Version 5....
If I sound too harsh, please forgive me: I am German.