BIM Coordinator Program (INT) April 22, 2024
Find the next step in your career as a Graphisoft Certified BIM Coordinator!
Collaboration with other software
About model and data exchange with 3rd party solutions: Revit, Solibri, dRofus, Bluebeam, structural analysis solutions, and IFC, BCF and DXF/DWG-based exchange, etc.

Problems with SketchUp Add-On

Anonymous
Not applicable
I downloaded your SketchUp Add-On for ArchiCAD and it will not install.

When it gets to the Folder Installation Page, the Installation Folder defaults to "/Applications/Graphisoft/ArchiCAD 9" and the Application Folder defaults to "". When I add a Application Folder name, I keep getting the Error Message titled: Destination Directory, stating "Please specify a directory name."

One thing I noticed is that your installation program is writing out the file directory in Windows format instead of Mac format, meaning when I redirect the file, it writes "/Applications/Graphisoft/ArchiCAD 9" instead of "Applications:Graphisoft:ArchiCAD 9". This could be the source of my problem, but I do not have an option to write in the correct directory.

What am I doing wrong? Everything I try gives me the same message and will not allow me to go further in the installation process.

I am using an iMac G5 on 10.4.5 operating system. I also have MaxonForm added to AC.

Has anyone else had this same problem? Or does anyone know how I can get this installed. Both programs are very important to me, so this Add-On has been greatly anticipated... only to have it not install!

Picture.jpg
12 REPLIES 12
Djordje
Ace
Did you try to open your PC SKP on the Mac, save it, and then open it in ArchiCAD?

It is weird ...
Djordje

ArchiCAD since 4.55 ... 1995
HP Omen
Anonymous
Not applicable
Djordje wrote:
Did you try to open your PC SKP on the Mac, save it, and then open it in ArchiCAD?

It is weird ...
Yes, no dice.

I could only get it to work by making a new file on the Mac and copy/pasting the model from the PC originated file.

I think it is a strange file permissions problem. I am now having a problem when I go to open a file (from within ArchiCAD) from a Windows server. Many of the folders are greyed out and unavailable, but I can access them through the Finder and open the files from there.

I am also having a problem with loading libraries. When I load a PLA library from the Windows servers at my clients' offices these libraries will then fail to load properly on the Windows workstations in the office. They will seem to load normally but none of the library parts actually appear (I forget whether they are listed as missing or not). Once I unload the PLA on my machine the others can reload it and everything is back to normal. This does not happen when loading unbundled libraries (loose parts, so to speak).

I will try repairing permissions and see if that fixes things, but this seems to be a problem that is specific to ArchiCAD. InDesign, Photoshop, Office, SketchUp, etc... all seem to work just fine across the mixed network.

I've been managing to work around it for now, but unless someone here has a some answers I'll take it up with tech support when I get the chance.
Djordje
Ace
What I can't understand is why SketchUp license is not crossplatform. You have to pay for a Windows license or the Mac license.

With the new Mactels being Windows enabled (yes, nothing is sacred ...) and a lot of people using both platforms this does not sound correct for a company that presents itself as being friendly, laid back, and chummy with its users.
Djordje

ArchiCAD since 4.55 ... 1995
HP Omen
Learn and get certified!