Collaboration with other software
About model and data exchange with 3rd party solutions: Revit, Solibri, dRofus, Bluebeam, structural analysis solutions, and IFC, BCF and DXF/DWG-based exchange, etc.

Properties Missing

Anonymous
Not applicable
In the expression tab there are several listing parameters of the skylight element that are missing.
On the contrary the parameters are availalble for schedules.

I upload a photo because the menu is closing when I try to use the snipping tool from windows
5 REPLIES 5
Minh Nguyen
Graphisoft Alumni
Graphisoft Alumni
Hi,

Thank you for your question! I hope you are doing well during these trying times!

From my experience, the only reason I can think of to explain this issue is those certain properties are unusable for making the expression. For example, I cannot think of a way to make use of Shell/Roof Opening W x H Size to make the expression. Or maybe you have another opinion about this matter. Could you explain why you need the missing properties for the expression?

Looking forward to hearing from you!

Best regards,
Minh

Minh Nguyen
Technical Support Engineer
GRAPHISOFT

Anonymous
Not applicable
Thank you for your answer.

I came across a case where the WxH of the skyligth is needed and this is for scheduling.
I wanted to create a property sequence for the WxH of all types of the openings so I can have only one column in my schedule. Now that the skylight dimension is missing this is not possible and two columns are needed which makes the schedule a bit strange.

I also realized after I posted my first comment that the Door/Window WxH size parameter cannot be used in the expression properties. It does not give any result even if it is set as string.

Is this a limitation in expressions. Any solution?

Thank you again.
Anonymous
Not applicable
Found the solution.
In front of my eyes:

CONCAT ( STRCALCUNIT ( {Property:General Parameters/Width} );"x"; STRCALCUNIT ( {Property:General Parameters/Height} ))

Typically this is a workaround for one column appearance in a schedule with openings for two reasons.
1. I cannot find a way to produce results with the Property:Window\/Door/Nominal W x H Size. It is recognized as string but it does not gives results.
2. There is no Nominal WxH size for skylights.

In any case Archicad has always a second option to everything and this is the great thing about it!!!!!
Minh Nguyen
Graphisoft Alumni
Graphisoft Alumni
Hi,

Big thanks to you for finding out the solution! I'm trying to figure out a way to achieve the same result, however, I have not yet succeeded! This is a great solution!

I can totally understand your request to have the same Nominal W x H for both skylight and windows. We had a similar request in our WishList database already. Hopefully, our Product Manager will adopt this feature soon!

Thank you once again for your finding! Have a great evening, and take care!

Best regards,
Minh

Minh Nguyen
Technical Support Engineer
GRAPHISOFT

Anonymous
Not applicable
It should work.
Maybe your PC Windows have a different delimeter.
Mine is the question mark ";".
Maybe yours is comma ","