Collaboration with other software
About model and data exchange with 3rd party solutions: Revit, Solibri, dRofus, Bluebeam, structural analysis solutions, and IFC, BCF and DXF/DWG-based exchange, etc.

Property applicable for any element of the drawing

Anonymous
Not applicable
Hello, using the Property Manager I created a database of all the Canadian DDN in MasterFormat and UniFormat. In classification I choose "all". That was we should be able to apply them to any element of our drawing. Problem is, I can not apply my MasterFormat properties to all elements. It function only for windows, doors, openings, railing... But doesn't apply to walls, columns, roofs, etc. So only apply to the "accessories" and the the structure. The difference between the two is that I created new properties for Uniformat and use former properties and modify them for MasterFormat.
3 REPLIES 3
Anonymous
Not applicable

Laszlo Nagy
Community Admin
Community Admin
Works for me in Archicad 24.
Try to create a brand new file from the default Template, then delete all Properties and all Classifications, then import the XML file and see if then it works with Walls, Columns, etc.
Loving Archicad since 1995 - Find Archicad Tips at x.com/laszlonagy
AMD Ryzen9 5900X CPU, 64 GB RAM 3600 MHz, Nvidia GTX 1060 6GB, 500 GB NVMe SSD
2x28" (2560x1440), Windows 10 PRO ENG, Ac20-Ac27
Anonymous
Not applicable
Finally I decided to export my properties in a XML, delate them and imported my XML. I thought I was a genious because I was now able to apply to anything I tried. But no, I'm not. It still have a lot of materials who don't takes my properties. Most of them show my properties but don't let me setting them. Some others don't show them at all. I'm using a special template for estimation. I can not start fresh.

Does it has a way to set them has "show and allow does properties on anything"?

Tank you