BIM Coordinator Program (INT) April 22, 2024

Find the next step in your career as a Graphisoft Certified BIM Coordinator!

Project data & BIM
About BIM-based management of attributes, schedules, templates, favorites, hotlinks, projects in general, quality assurance, etc.

Quality of https://bimserver.center?

Hmooslechner
Rockstar
Has any of you already worked with https://bimserver.center?

I just stumbled over it while playing around with AR again - they have a module for Android and IOS.

It's Spanish oriented, but it included a lot of professional Bim applications.

I tried it yesterday. Basically it works - but:

It is not from Archicad - Graphisoft, but from:

CYPE Ingenieros, S.A.
Avda. Eusebio Sempere, 5
03003 Alicante - Spagna
phone (+34) 965 99 30 52
Fax (+34) 965 12 49 50
cype@cype.com

It was not easy for me to install, because you basically have to install 2 programs and need email and password for both, but they are limited in length. Since I used a very long password, it didn't work for a long time until I found out,

The IFC data has to be uploaded to an external internet server, so it is not a solution where you keep the "data sovereignty" yourself.

But with Graphisoft it's no different.

However, it is possible to download the 3D data to your device (cell phone or tablet, I haven't found any 3D glasses for it yet) to use it offline.

The application itself on the cell phone is free but needs getting used to - or "buggy". In any case, I could not satisfactorily set up the position and size of a model in a room. It basically works, but I could not rotate my model, for example.

It is only marginally about AR.

It is actually a marketplace for BIM applications, some of which are quite expensive and - almost only in SPANISH.
There are a lot of applications - even one for testing Covid workstation geometries or, among many others, 8 different programs for fire protection topics.

Could someone of you who has perhaps studied it more intensively do a meaningful review to see if it would be useful for us to take a closer look at it?

Thanks in advance

Translated with www.DeepL.com/Translator (free version)
AC5.5-AC27EduAut, PC-Win10, MacbookAirM1, MacbookM1Max, Win-I7+Nvidia
1 REPLY 1
Laszlo Nagy
Community Admin
Community Admin
I am not familiar with the site, but I am a bit familiar with Cype, the company. It is a company that develops a Structural Analysis program, and this program is a market leader in Spain. I used Google Trends and searched for market-leading international structural analysis programs in Spain and as you can see, people in Spain search for Cype a lot more than for any of the other apps:

https://trends.google.com/trends/explore?geo=ES&q=cype,tekla%20structures,etabs,sap2000,staad

So the company is solid, if what it is worth.
Loving Archicad since 1995 - Find Archicad Tips at x.com/laszlonagy
AMD Ryzen9 5900X CPU, 64 GB RAM 3600 MHz, Nvidia GTX 1060 6GB, 500 GB NVMe SSD
2x28" (2560x1440), Windows 10 PRO ENG, Ac20-Ac27
Learn and get certified!