Collaboration with other software
About model and data exchange with 3rd party solutions: Revit, Solibri, dRofus, Bluebeam, structural analysis solutions, and IFC, BCF and DXF/DWG-based exchange, etc.

Quantity field in Beam Schedule

tjmillar
Enthusiast
I'm trying to create a beam schedule which lists beam IDs, their profile name, length, and the number of exactly similar beams. The quantity field is however not behaving as I expect it to. It is showing duplicates and multiples for certain beams that exist only once. I eventually determined that it is counting the number of separate fill elements that make up the complex profile. For some beams, I could fix the issue by consolidating the fills in the profile editor, but for the timber beams I want to keep the different triangular fills so that the beam displays as an empty box with an X through it in section (a trick I learned in these forums - thank-you whoever first posted that!). If I consolidate the fills I lose that quality.
Any suggestions?
AC26 Australia, Windows 10
3 REPLIES 3
Laszlo Nagy
Community Admin
Community Admin
A few comments:
1. Are you creating an Element Schedule or a Component Schedule?
2. Could you post screenshots of a Floor Plan/3D, the Scheme Settings dialog, and the resulting Schedule?
Loving Archicad since 1995 - Find Archicad Tips at x.com/laszlonagy
AMD Ryzen9 5900X CPU, 64 GB RAM 3600 MHz, Nvidia GTX 1060 6GB, 500 GB NVMe SSD
2x28" (2560x1440), Windows 10 PRO ENG, Ac20-Ac27
tjmillar
Enthusiast
Thanks for your response Laszlo,
Your question contained the answer: I didn't appreciate the difference between an element and a component schedule, but that difference is the key. Once I made an element schedule rather than a component schedule, "Quantity" started counting the individual beams, rather than the components that created the beams.
Thank you!
AC26 Australia, Windows 10
Laszlo Nagy
Community Admin
Community Admin
Yeah, that's what I suspected. Great you got it solved.
Loving Archicad since 1995 - Find Archicad Tips at x.com/laszlonagy
AMD Ryzen9 5900X CPU, 64 GB RAM 3600 MHz, Nvidia GTX 1060 6GB, 500 GB NVMe SSD
2x28" (2560x1440), Windows 10 PRO ENG, Ac20-Ac27