Collaboration with other software
About model and data exchange with 3rd party solutions: Revit, Solibri, dRofus, Bluebeam, structural analysis solutions, and IFC, BCF and DXF/DWG-based exchange, etc.
SOLVED!

Question about Ifc_subtype, Ifc_predefinedtype in GDL Library Parts and IFC Project Manager?

Nader Belal
Mentor
Hi there,

Few days ago, I have found these two GDL integer parameters "ifc_subtype" & "ifc_predefinedtype" that were found in ArchiCAD's standard MEP Library Parts. And the "GDL Reference Manual" textually mentions that the "ifc_subtype" is one of those parameters that the Add-ons get the values it needs from the library part.

So my question is, what takes preference when exporting the project through the IFC Project Manager, would be those predefined parameters in project's library parts, or the properties that have been mapped to them ?
A good friend of mine have once told me that I´m so brute that I´m capable of creating a GDL script capable of creating GDLs.
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solution
Nader Belal
Mentor
Just made the time to test my question ... the answer is that assigned properties takes preference.
A good friend of mine have once told me that I´m so brute that I´m capable of creating a GDL script capable of creating GDLs.

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
Solution
Nader Belal
Mentor
Just made the time to test my question ... the answer is that assigned properties takes preference.

Still looking?

Browse more topics

Back to forum

See latest solutions

Accepted solutions

Start a new discussion!