Collaboration with other software
About model and data exchange with 3rd party solutions: Revit, Solibri, dRofus, Bluebeam, structural analysis solutions, and IFC, BCF and DXF/DWG-based exchange, etc.

Questions about exporting to autocad, and DWG template

Anonymous
Not applicable
I routinely export DWG files for my structural engineer, and he has a few complaints about what he has to do to reformat my drawings.

So My questions are:
1. Is there a way to exclude all fills from the export? Engineer says he's having to clean up/remove a lot of fills, which are exporting as individual, ungrouped lines. I'd just assume not include fills since all he wants is a simple, basic drawing showing walls & openings.

2. What exactly is the DWG template file used in export? Is there a way for the engineer to provide me a template to use for export? How would this work?

Any other suggestions for how to set up a good autocad export are appreciated. I'm working in the US BTW.

Thanks
4 REPLIES 4
Link
Graphisoft Partner
Graphisoft Partner
1. Use model view option combinations to override your various fill settings, prior to export. It's a good idea to assign one to your publisher set.

2. Yes, it will use the template (which can be empty AFAIK) to assign things that are not listed in the translator.

Cheers,
Link.
Laszlo Nagy
Community Admin
Community Admin
I suggest you to download Part 2 of the Collaboration ITG:

http://www.graphisoft.com/education/training_guides/#COL2

In Step 1 of Chapter 9 you will find much information about the Template file and can watch in the movies how this works.
Loving Archicad since 1995 - Find Archicad Tips at x.com/laszlonagy
AMD Ryzen9 5900X CPU, 64 GB RAM 3600 MHz, Nvidia GTX 1060 6GB, 500 GB NVMe SSD
2x28" (2560x1440), Windows 10 PRO ENG, Ac20-Ac27
Anonymous
Not applicable
Thanks! As usual, a very simple solution - which I totally missed.
Anonymous
Not applicable
I'm having the same problem here guys. It's hard to work with the files generats with the archicad translate