Collaboration with other software
About model and data exchange with 3rd party solutions: Revit, Solibri, dRofus, Bluebeam, structural analysis solutions, and IFC, BCF and DXF/DWG-based exchange, etc.

Questions about linking Properties to Criteria

I have a set of Criteria set with AC 13, now that I open an AC 14 file, for some reason i do not see all of the Criteria, but only some of them... Why? Is there a way to import criteria?

Where are criteria saved? Individually in the file, or centrally at the library?

Screen9.jpg
Mac OSX 13.6.4 | AC 26 INT 3001 FULL
11 REPLIES 11
Anonymous
Not applicable
If the names of some attributes, such as materials, layers, composites and such have changed or don't exist in 14, then poof! Your criteria only show Type, Fill, Layer and Name. But if say, the material or composite exists in 13 but not in 14 (even if the name changed only by a single letter or extra space), then it will disappear from your list, without any visible reason.

The attribute manager allows you to show side by side lists of your current projects attributes and another files attributes, making it easier to see what might be missing, and then "append" it right away. >Options >Element Attributes >Element Manager. (Append works both directions - just click into project list you want to send attribute from.)

Notice that when you open the attribute manager and also select a file to compare to, AC automatically saves your current attributes to a file. This information is shown in small type at the bottom of the attribute manager window. If you choose you can "save As" to a path/name of your choosing.

Snap
PS I click on the name column to see layer names compared instead of layer numbers...
Thanks snapcrackle, but still even after i import some missing fills with the attribute manager, the links don't show up...

where are those links saved???

why do some appear, but others not?
Anonymous
Not applicable
Hm....

Maybe you have two or more criteria missing for the same element. You might have to go though ALL the element attributes: layers, pens, composites, fills, line types, etc. Some attributes might exist in both files, BUT a different instance is the default in 14 vs 13, or any other nonsense similar to that.

Snap

PS dunno where the link info is saved...
Anonymous
Not applicable
Achille,

To see if attributes are the culprit:

1) copy file to a temp file
2) open temp file
3) append all attributes of all categories from the 13 file to the 14 file
4) if this doesn't solve the problem (excepting the changed instances items),
Then attributes aren't the problem.

HTH,
Snap
Anonymous
Not applicable
I am not an expert on this subject, but I believe the criteria list is stored in the folder Database of your locally stored library. Load the databases of the previous (13) library instead of the current (14).

HTH
Karl Ottenstein
Master wrote:
I believe the criteria list is stored in the folder Database of your locally stored library. Load the databases of the previous (13) library instead of the current (14).
Master Script is right. Anything and everything related to list schemes, including the database, criteria, etc., is all stored externally in the List Templates 13 (e.g.) folder. The criteria are in LISTCRIT.TXT

Graphisoft has not modified any of this stuff in 10 years AFAIK, so you should be able to safely replace your List Templates 14 folder with your old List Templates 13 folder. (I would zip the 14 folder first - or move it somewhere else so it will not load, and load the List Templates 13 folder as a separate active folder.)

Cheers,
Karl
One of the forum moderators
AC 27 USA and earlier   •   macOS Ventura 13.6.6, MacBook Pro M2 Max 12CPU/30GPU cores, 32GB
Actually, I was not asking about List Schemes... I was asking about Links of Properties to Criteria. Those are stored inside the Calculation DB which i have stored inside my library folder.
I think that the Links of Properties to Criteria are saved in the file db_CRIT.LIC (see attached image)
The strange thing is, that with the same library loaded on both files (13 and 14) and with the same DB selected, i get a longer list of links in the AC 13 file than the AC 14 file... how is this possible???
Karl Ottenstein
Achille wrote:
Actually, I was not asking about List Schemes... I was asking about Links of Properties to Criteria. Those are stored inside the Calculation DB which i have stored inside my library folder.
I think that the Links of Properties to Criteria are saved in the file db_CRIT.LIC (see attached image)
The strange thing is, that with the same library loaded on both files (13 and 14) and with the same DB selected, i get a longer list of links in the AC 13 file than the AC 14 file... how is this possible???
Criteria, etc are all part of List Schemes ... the "Calculate Menu" function. Typically, a list scheme is what reports the information that is generated by the Property objects that are associated with elements according to your Criteria.

Yes, some criteria are stored in the *.lic file (which is a text file, in spite of its extension). You can have multiple critieria loaded via database subsets.

Not sure how/why you could get a different list in 13 vs 14 if exactly the same libraries are loaded. Strange! Are you sure that absolutely nothing else (including add-ons) is loaded, and that Library Manager shows precisely the same loaded libraries for 13 as well as 14? (Some add-ons can load any kind of library object, including lists, criteria, etc.)
One of the forum moderators
AC 27 USA and earlier   •   macOS Ventura 13.6.6, MacBook Pro M2 Max 12CPU/30GPU cores, 32GB
I have double and triple checked. I have the same libraries loaded (the default AC library, and my custom library). Even if i load the AC 13 library on the AC 14 file, to have exactly the same libraries, i still have some links missing...
What i cannot understand is what you say about the links being part of the List Schemes, if that is the case, then why do we have to choose the database from a drop-down menu? (see attached image)
Seems that all the links are saved whithin the db. Which is the reason i cannot understand why i'm missing some stuff...
Screen shot 2010-09-03 at 14.24.42.png