BIM Coordinator Program (INT) April 22, 2024
Find the next step in your career as a Graphisoft Certified BIM Coordinator!
Collaboration with other software
About model and data exchange with 3rd party solutions: Revit, Solibri, dRofus, Bluebeam, structural analysis solutions, and IFC, BCF and DXF/DWG-based exchange, etc.

RE: WINDOW/DOOR SCHEDULE; FIRE RATING & EGRESS

Anonymous
Not applicable
How do you guys show that a window is an egress window in your schedules?

I was thinking I would use my fire rating as my place where i would label it as egress.
That is where it shows up in plan with my dimension marker.

But i can't get that to show up in my schedule.

I have the field in my schedule, but it stays empty even when I have it filled in my window settings.
If I fill in my prefix with "egress" or my custom text value as "egress" it stays empty in my schedule.

Any thoughts on that?
Or any suggestions on another way to have my dimension marker label my window as egress and for it to show up in my schedule?
7 REPLIES 7
Karl Ottenstein
Cannot guess what's going wrong for you Jessica. Just tested, and any text I enter into the Fire Rating listing field shows up fine when that field is included in my Window schedule.
One of the forum moderators
AC 27 USA and earlier   •   macOS Ventura 13.6.6, MacBook Pro M2 Max 12CPU/30GPU cores, 32GB
Anonymous
Not applicable
Well, that is a bummer.
Those are the hardest kinds of problems to solve.

I thought maybe because they were CAD image windows, but it doens't chow up with regular windows either . . .

so sad.
Anonymous
Not applicable
it has the option to show the MEASURED value

where is archicad getting that MEASURED value from?
Anonymous
Not applicable
OH! I SEE I SEE!

I have to enter the information Up under parameters at the top.
Karl Ottenstein
Glad you figured it out! I had just assumed that that was where you were entering your text. Assumptions always get us into trouble! 😉
AC 27 USA and earlier   •   macOS Ventura 13.6.6, MacBook Pro M2 Max 12CPU/30GPU cores, 32GB
Anonymous
Not applicable
Oh - sorry, no Karl, I thought I had attached a a screen shot the first time, I had one all made up - what a waste of time - I'll attach it now for future reference , on where NOT to do it.
Karl Ottenstein
Thanks for posting that, Jessica. A very common misunderstanding of where AC stores things that will help many other users: the marker and its settings appear to be part of the window/door because their parameters are so conveniently located in the same settings dialog... but markers are completely separate objects and cannot be scheduled.
Learn and get certified!