Collaboration with other software
About model and data exchange with 3rd party solutions: Revit, Solibri, dRofus, Bluebeam, structural analysis solutions, and IFC, BCF and DXF/DWG-based exchange, etc.

RIKCAD - ArchiCAD based Landscape and Garden Design software from Japan

Podolsky
Ace
Hi there!

Here is Japanese software for landscape and garden design, completely built on ArchiCAD. It's ArchiCAD 23 with custom library and add-ons (and changed logo). Very similar principle how VICO Constructor was done.
Will this product be advertised by Graphisoft world-wide? Currently there is very few information about it in internet in English.

https://products.rikcorp.jp/rikcad_int/
5 REPLIES 5
ethanbodnar
Enthusiast
Super cool. Thanks for sharing!

They have their own full program, but even more exciting is their Landscape Add-On which works with the standard version of Archicad that we already have, https://products.rikcorp.jp/rlsp-for-archicad/

It's not on Mac yet, so I'm anxiously awaiting with my fingers crossed for that day.

The video demos of the add-on pack are pretty wild to see.

I've been curious why there is no cross promotion of this either from Graphisoft. I think when I looked into it before it's some old agreement from maybe the 90s where they licensed the Archicad core program and then RIK has modified. Maybe they don't want to hurt their Vectorworks business which has the Landmark program, but that seems silly just let people pick.
Lingwisyer
Guru
An English release since 2019, now that is pretty cool. I think I heard about it back during AC18 but it was only in Japanese so I forgot about it...

AC22-23 AUS 7000Help Those Help You - Add a Signature
Self-taught, bend it till it breaksCreating a Thread
Win10 | R5 2600 | 16GB | GTX1660 
Akos Somorjai
Graphisoft
Graphisoft
It is published by RIK, so please contact them, or the GS Japan office in case you are interested.
Technically it is a heavily modified version of Archicad, enhanced with a huge library of Japanese garden design elements.
ethanbodnar
Enthusiast
Super curious about the history here if anybody has any insight or is open to sharing? Like a deal was negotiated at some point in time and seems strange that Graphisoft doesn't promote this (even as an add-on for the standard version of Archicad), kinda interesting
Podolsky
Ace
I've got demo version. To be honest - too many strange tools with strange functions, that necessary to get use to it. But it actually does things - even placing curb stones. Also strange, that I haven't found there view map - only project map and layouts and there is no publisher. View map exists somewhere in the program (otherwise how drawing is placed to layout?), I guess, but it's not shown in navigator.