Teamwork & BIMcloud
About Teamwork, BIMcloud, BIMcloud Basic, BIMcloud Software as a Service, network settings, etc.

Remove elevation and section tool for specific users (roles).

Johan Stinckens
Advocate
We recently moved from BIMcloud Basic to BIMcloud.
The next step is to create/customize a good AC-24 template and work environment.

I am currently outlining how different teams in our company will use BIMcloud/Teamwork.
Most of what I want to achieve is easily done by creating a role.

BIM-manager -> full permissions
Architect -> no permissions for classifications / properties
BIM-modeller -> no permissions for classifications / properties
Interior designer -> no permissions to create/delete/modify stories
Project manager -> no permissions to create/delete/modify stories

Additionaly, I want the roles interior designer and project manager not to have the ability to create elevations &sections. We don't want the files to become cluttered with sections and elevations that have no meaning for the actual building model. If needed they should us the "Interior elevation tool".

However, revoking the permission to use Document tool elements would leave them without the "Interior elevation tool" as well.

It would have been nice to have subsets for the tools, so we could have them grayed out for specific roles/users.

Which is the best way to handle this?!

Kind regards...

Johan
Johan Stinckens
BIM Modeller at Atrium Architecten
Archicad user since April 2014 (v17 - v26) - CC iRT i9-12900 - 64 GB / Nvidia Geforce RTX 3080 - Windows 10 Pro 64

Other than that it's hiking, camping, climbing.
1 REPLY 1
Noemi Balogh
Community Admin
Community Admin
Hi Johan,

Unfortunately you can't control on tool level if a user can use it or not.

What might work in your workflow if you use the My views option: https://helpcenter.graphisoft.com/user-guide/128688/

In this case on the Project Map you can still have WIP sections, elevations, but at least, you can manage that these are not going immediately to everyone's project as a View.

It might worth a question in the BIM Manager topic as well if anyone has a good workflow for such cases.

Kind regards,
Noémi

Noémi Balogh

Community Expert, Admin