Collaboration with other software
About model and data exchange with 3rd party solutions: Revit, Solibri, dRofus, Bluebeam, structural analysis solutions, and IFC, BCF and DXF/DWG-based exchange, etc.

Renovation Status: New as schedule criteria?

Dave Brach
Advocate
My schedule criteria are: "Element type is window" and "renovation status is new". Yet nothing shows up. This is an existing house with an addition. The addition has two windows and the settings shows their status as "new". Why don't they show up in the schedule?

Picture2.jpg
Dave Brach/architect
AC26 MBP OS Ventura
AMD Radeon Pro 5300M 4 GB
Intel UHD Graphics 630 1536 MB
5 REPLIES 5
Karl Ottenstein
Your screenshot shows a different filter - 'show on' vs 'renovation status'. When I add 'renovation status' is 'new' to a window schedule, only the new windows show up...

If I instead use the "show on renovation" filter that you show in your screenshot - I get the same result - doesn't matter what renovation filter I select, the windows don't show up.

Note that renovation status and filter are two completely different things. Each element has a status - existing, demo, new. You can have any number of filters which display or don't display each of the status-type elements in different ways.

Seems like you've found a bug (with the 'show on" filter) - but using 'renovation status' will get you what you want.
One of the forum moderators
AC 27 USA and earlier   •   macOS Ventura 13.6.6, MacBook Pro M2 Max 12CPU/30GPU cores, 32GB
Dave Brach
Advocate
That's odd. "renovation status is: new" also does not work for me (see attached). What could I be doing wrong? or is this really a bug?
Picture1.jpg
Dave Brach/architect
AC26 MBP OS Ventura
AMD Radeon Pro 5300M 4 GB
Intel UHD Graphics 630 1536 MB
Karl Ottenstein
That's strange, Dave. No clue off the top of my head why it works for me and not you.

Try creating a fresh project, model one wall with two windows, one marked 'existing' and one marked 'new', e.g., and test there... If it won't work even there... then maybe there is some bug with the Windows/64 bit version vs the Mac version that I'm using...(?)
One of the forum moderators
AC 27 USA and earlier   •   macOS Ventura 13.6.6, MacBook Pro M2 Max 12CPU/30GPU cores, 32GB
Anonymous
Not applicable
Sorry to revive a 1 year old post, but i thought i'd share a thought.

I came across similar troubles today. I noticed that toggling the Renovation Filter changed what was being listed in the Schedule. For example, if your windows are in "new" walls, the windows will not show in the schedule if your current renovation Filter is set to "Existing." Could this be the source of your troubles?

I came here looking for advice on how to use the renovation filters in schedules. Specifically, I do not understand the "Show on Renovation Filter" criteria option. Does anyone know how this criteria is used in the scheme settings?

Thanks!
-mb
David Maudlin
Virtuoso
Borisov wrote:
I came here looking for advice on how to use the renovation filters in schedules. Specifically, I do not understand the "Show on Renovation Filter" criteria option. Does anyone know how this criteria is used in the scheme settings?
This should be used if the elements are "pinned" in the Renovation palette (top right button "Show on current Renovation Filter only").

You should add a Signature to your Profile (click the Profile button near the top of this page) with your ArchiCAD version and operating system (see mine for an example) for more accurate help in this forum.

David
David Maudlin / Architect
www.davidmaudlin.com
Digital Architecture
AC27 USA • iMac 27" 4.0GHz Quad-core i7 OSX11 | 24 gb ram • MacBook Pro M3 Pro | 36 gb ram OSX14