BIM Coordinator Program (INT) April 22, 2024
Find the next step in your career as a Graphisoft Certified BIM Coordinator!
Collaboration with other software
About model and data exchange with 3rd party solutions: Revit, Solibri, dRofus, Bluebeam, structural analysis solutions, and IFC, BCF and DXF/DWG-based exchange, etc.

Replace IFC Materials

Lingwisyer
Guru
Hi all,

I am bringing in a model from Revit into ArchiCAD and am having a few issues with matching the materials...

Is there a way to replace surfaces when you import an IFC model? Within the translator, I can only find a way to replace building materials. In the past I have used "delete and replace" with the relevant surfaces, but this is not retained when the IFC model is updated... There is also a related issue regarding material modification after this has been done as now they are seen as identical. Ideally there would be a "replace" option within the translator for surfaces or in the surface dialogue.

Ling.

AC22-23 AUS 7000Help Those Help You - Add a Signature
Self-taught, bend it till it breaksCreating a Thread
Win11 | i9 10850K | 64GB | RX6600 Win10 | R5 2600 | 16GB | GTX1660
1 REPLY 1
Erwin Edel
Rockstar
We hotlink the IFC from a seperate file. It is quicker to purge the unneeded attributes in this separate file and only keep those you want for the reason you just described.

Also an easy way to give the whole IFC a seperate toggle layer with intersection group (the master layer of the hotlinked module).
Erwin Edel, Project Lead, Leloup Architecten
www.leloup.nl

ArchiCAD 9-26NED FULL
Windows 10 Pro
Adobe Design Premium CS5
Learn and get certified!