BIM Coordinator Program (INT) April 22, 2024

Find the next step in your career as a Graphisoft Certified BIM Coordinator!

Collaboration with other software
About model and data exchange with 3rd party solutions: Revit, Solibri, dRofus, Bluebeam, structural analysis solutions, and IFC, BCF and DXF/DWG-based exchange, etc.

Request "PR" for double doors in schedules (USA users)

Anonymous
Not applicable
Doing a little lobbying here

I just filled out the USA door and window library survey being conducted by Graphisoft. One of the questions asked was related to scheduling and I made it known that we need the option for double doors to show as "PR" in schedules. Example - 5'-0" x 7'-0" door needs to show as PR 2'-6" x 7'-0" in our schedules.

I have seen many posts requesting this and not much resolution other than involving custom parameters. So, users who share my request - fill out the survey found here:

http://archicad-talk.graphisoft.com/viewtopic.php?t=32764

I (and Graphisoft) thank you!
7 REPLIES 7
Stress Co_
Advisor
Yes!
In addition to schedules... allow the same for "builder's dimensions".

And... For "mulled" windows I want the option to list (for example) a 5'-0" x 5'-0" opening as (2) 2'-6"x 5'-0"
Marc Corney, Architect
Red Canoe Architecture, P. A.

Mac OS 10.15.7 (Catalina) //// Mac OS 14.2.1 (Sonoma)
Processor: 3.6 GHz 8-Core Intel Core i9 //// Apple M2 Max
Memory: 48 GB 2667 MHz DDR4 //// 32 GB
Graphics: Radeon Pro 580X 8GB //// 12C CPU, 30C GPU
ArchiCAD 25 (5010 USA Full) //// ArchiCAD 27 (4030 USA Full)
Laura Yanoviak
Advocate
I programmed the doors in the library [of my last firm] to do this, so GS should be able to easily do the same.
MacBook Pro Apple M2 Max, 96 GB of RAM
AC26 US (5002) on Mac OS Ventura 13.5
Anonymous
Not applicable
Laura,

Your door programming effort sounds very interesting. Do you have an easy way of relating the nature of it? Not asking for your hard code, just a description of the the goals and maybe the conceptual process. Or however you prefer to communicate it. Even if just a screen shot of the end result?

Thanks,
Snap
Anonymous
Not applicable
Marc StressCo,

Look here for a custom" door dimension marker" that reflects my local builder prefs.

Snap
Stress Co_
Advisor
snapcrackle wrote:
Look here for a custom" door dimension marker" that reflects my local builder prefs.
It's been awhile (c. 2006?) , but I've been using "Builder's Dimensions Pro V1" by Dan Kunschik. It has lots of options.

LINK HERE
Marc Corney, Architect
Red Canoe Architecture, P. A.

Mac OS 10.15.7 (Catalina) //// Mac OS 14.2.1 (Sonoma)
Processor: 3.6 GHz 8-Core Intel Core i9 //// Apple M2 Max
Memory: 48 GB 2667 MHz DDR4 //// 32 GB
Graphics: Radeon Pro 580X 8GB //// 12C CPU, 30C GPU
ArchiCAD 25 (5010 USA Full) //// ArchiCAD 27 (4030 USA Full)
Anonymous
Not applicable
All, see the attached image for what I have done to "fix" this issue for our office. We schedule doors w/ "(2) wid x ht", but you can use "PR" just as easily, or even give the end user the option.

Note: its a little cumbersome, but it works... and be careful with those library updates!
Anonymous
Not applicable
Thanks for the tip! I will gladly get by with that GDL code input until GS implements it into the US Doors & Window Library.

If it hasn't already this should be published as a ArchiCADwiki tip or something like that.
Learn and get certified!