Teamwork & BIMcloud
About Teamwork, BIMcloud, BIMcloud Basic, BIMcloud Software as a Service, network settings, etc.

Reserved Composite Structures vs. paste conflict?

Suddenly a bunch of duplicate composites appeared on a project. I am fearing what happened may have been the following, based on some warnings received by more than one user during send&receives:

1- User A reserved Composites and started renaming some of them according to some project-specific convention
2- User B copied some walls
3- User A sent changes
4- User B pasted walls, which were carrying the now outdated name/description, didn't match any current composite, so
5- Archicad created a duplicate composite with the old-now-new name/description.
6- When User B tried to send, he received a warning that he could not do so unless User A released Composite Structures. This happened a few times last week and led to a bit of head-scratching, because none of the User Bs had reserved nor intentionally created composites.

Would that be a plausible explanation?
[If this is what happened, cleanup will require a horrible bit of scheduling and Find-Selecting.]
2 REPLIES 2
Barry Kelly
I don't use teamwork so I am not sure if this is a feasible explanation.
I guess the process is not to copy something before you send and receive and then paste back afterwards.

However clean up shouldn't be too bad if you know the names of the new and old composites.
Open the composite settings dialogue, select the old composite and then you can 'Delete & Replace' with the new composite.

Barry.
One of the forum moderators.
Versions 6.5 to 27
Dell XPS- i7-6700 @ 3.4Ghz, 16GB ram, GeForce GTX 960 (2GB), Windows 10
Lenovo Thinkpad - i7-1270P 2.20 GHz, 32GB RAM, Nvidia T550, Windows 11
It has to do with Teamwork itself. One can add composites all right, because those will not appear on the elements reserved or created by others. But not change names, because for whatever reason AC looks for names and not IDs, and Sends by others will result in AC 'restoring' the lost composite with a new index number. So when sending users will be asked to reserve Composite Structures, which is the warning sign for ensuing chaos.