Collaboration with other software
About model and data exchange with 3rd party solutions: Revit, Solibri, dRofus, Bluebeam, structural analysis solutions, and IFC, BCF and DXF/DWG-based exchange, etc.

!Restored: from archicad11 to artlantis r-studio

Anonymous
Not applicable
hi everybody...
i am working in archicad11, and i render my 3d models in art lantis r-studio.i have a problem with exporting 3d file from archicad.when i go to save it as .atl document, there appears a little window: cannot write output files.
can anybody help me?
36 REPLIES 36
Anonymous
Not applicable
Hello Katigb,

In your case probably an object gives a problem. What we know is that the following one gives this message:

LCD Monitor, Winker Chair, Winker Table, Winker Sofa.

Remove them the export should be alright.

Best regards.
Alain
Thomas Holm
Booster
Thanks Ignacio,

it seems I solved the issue another way in the end. I read in the other thread about the pgkinfo component in the package file, so I decided to try that, even if my symptoms weren't identical. So I duplicated the ArtlantisR-Studio_Out.bundle (it had this Lego icon) that was in he AC11>Addons folder, moved the original out on the desktop, and replaced the pkginfo component in the copy with one from another working add-on. After a restart of the machine, the copy with the new pkginfo had the right puzzlepiece icon and works!

This is really a mystery. Since the pkginfo file only contains 9 bytes (according to the info panel), it can't be a big bug. Sitll irritating, though.
AC4.1-AC26SWE; MacOS13.5.1; MP5,1+MBP16,1
Thomas wrote:
eplaced the pkginfo component in the copy with one from another working add-on. After a restart of the machine
The restart may be the key thing then. The pkginfo replacement did not solve the problem for me, but I was just closing and opening ArchiCAD without restarting.
Thomas Holm
Booster
Yes. Maybe a logout-login would do. I would guess the Finder (or whatever reads file types in the file system) needs to be restarted at least. Perhaps some caches need cleaning too. Onyx? (just beware of the betas) http://www.titanium.free.fr/pgs2/english/download.html
InForma
Contributor
I have had problems exporting models from ArchiCAD11 to ArtLantis R numerous times.

The main problem is that I can't figure out some rule why this happens. I never know what to expect (I expect failure ).

Just " cannot write output file”, no log, explanation, anything...?

I think that it somehow might be connected to the amount of RAM.

On a machine that has 2 GB of RAM most of the times I have a problem, but, sometimes it is OK. All these are with the same model (random, slight changes).

When I transfer the file to a computer (slightly better PC, same OS) that has 3Gb it seems that it succeeds more often, but, not every time.
hiCAD - BIM technology distribution and implementation
Thomas Holm
Booster
I've paid the full amount for my licenses of both Archicad and Artlantis.
Therefore, it always feels better to sacrifice my time and give free support to people who are brave enough to identify themselves and specify their location closer than "earth". Somehow, I feel it's more likely they have legit licenses too. Also, as stated many times, platform and version info in the signature helps. As for now, I think a likely cause for the problems you mention is pirated programs.
InForma
Contributor
Thomas wrote:
I've paid the full amount for my licenses of both Archicad and Artlantis.
Therefore, it always feels better to sacrifice my time and give free support to people who are brave enough to identify themselves and specify their location closer than "earth". Somehow, I feel it's more likely they have legit licenses too. Also, as stated many times, platform and version info in the signature helps. As for now, I think a likely cause for the problems you mention is pirated programs.
Not likely! I use licensed ArchiCAD11 and ArtLantis R.
I don't think identification is a matter of bravery. In this case, for me, it is something like a status or a statement.
And another thing, a happy illegal user now is a, very likely, potential legal user later (when everything comes into order)! Especially important in countries other than Sweden or USA!
Thanks for your time BTW!
Thomas Holm
Booster

"InForma architectura" - architecture design studio
WinXP PRO SP2; AMD Athlon 64 X2 3800+; 3 GB RAM; ATI Radeon X1950 GT
AC11 1033 INT FULL; AC10 815 INT FULL

You forgot Novi Sad

Seriously, you should upgrade both AC11 and 10 to the later hotfixes.
Help > Check for updates will work with legit licenses
InForma
Contributor

I "forgot" a bunch of things!
Thomas Holm
Booster
OK check back if your problems remain after you've installed the hotfixes.