Find the next step in your career as a Graphisoft Certified BIM Manager!

Teamwork & BIMcloud
About Teamwork, BIMcloud, BIMcloud Basic, BIMcloud Software as a Service, network settings, etc.

Role Permissions - internal drawing?

Anonymous
Not applicable
The user's role has permission to create, edit and delete both views and layouts, however they're not able to bring a view into a layout. Which permissions control their ability to do this?
11 REPLIES 11
Anonymous
Not applicable
Hrmmm, after receiving full permission to control elements in the drawing I'm stilling getting the message that my role does not allow me to create the drawings. Any ideas as to what might prevent me from reserving an element even though I have the same permissions as someone else who is able to reserve it?
Erika Epstein
Booster
Cleverbeans,
In BIM server role settings>Project structure It sounds like you have " Layouts and Subsets -create" enabled. The next Access down " Layouts and Subsets -delete/modify" should do what you want with an existing layout.
HTH
Erika
Architect, Consultant
MacBook Pro Retina, 15-inch Yosemite 2.8 GHz Intel Core i7 16 GB 1600 MHz DDR3
Mac OSX 10.11.1
AC5-18
Onuma System

"Implementing Successful Building Information Modeling"
Anonymous
Not applicable
I have that permission set, and I can create new subsets and layouts without issue. I have a drawing that a co-worker brought into the layout and despite having the same permissions I am unable to reserve and edit the drawing but he is. Any ideas on what's causing this problem?
Erika Epstein
Booster
You need to ask your colleague to release that drawing(s) to you.
Erika
Architect, Consultant
MacBook Pro Retina, 15-inch Yosemite 2.8 GHz Intel Core i7 16 GB 1600 MHz DDR3
Mac OSX 10.11.1
AC5-18
Onuma System

"Implementing Successful Building Information Modeling"
Anonymous
Not applicable
They've released the object, and the object says "free for reservation" when I hover over it but I am not able to reserve it. I've tried on both a PC and a Mac as well with the same result.

Any other ideas?
Anonymous
Not applicable
Just as a test, I would create a new user with the correct permissions to see if your original user profile has been corrupted somehow.
Cleverbeans wrote:
They've released the object, and the object says "free for reservation" when I hover over it but I am not able to reserve it. I've tried on both a PC and a Mac as well with the same result.

Any other ideas?
Anonymous
Not applicable
It seems the problem extends beyond just the layouts as I'm no longer able to reserve any objects so it must be that the user profile is corrupt. We had made several changes to the profile over the course of the days so I expect that's what caused the issue.

Thanks for all the help.
Laszlo Nagy
Community Admin
Community Admin
I suppose when your Role is changed you do leave the Project and then Join again. This is the way for the new Role settings to become effective.
Also, as I believe Drawings placed on Layouts are actually internal hotlinks, you may want to try the Hotlinks -Manage role setting. Sorry, I don't have the time to try myself.
Loving Archicad since 1995 - Find Archicad Tips at x.com/laszlonagy
AMD Ryzen9 5900X CPU, 64 GB RAM 3600 MHz, Nvidia GTX 1060 6GB, 500 GB NVMe SSD
2x28" (2560x1440), Windows 10 PRO ENG, Ac20-Ac27
Anonymous
Not applicable
Thanks Lazlo, I did log out/in after each permission change however it was clear that permissions were not related to the problem I was having once a user with less access was able to do what I wasn't. We created a new profile and deleted the old one which resolved the issue.