Project data & BIM
About BIM-based management of attributes, schedules, templates, favorites, hotlinks, projects in general, quality assurance, etc.

Roof slope label

Anonymous
Not applicable
I created a roof slope label with autotext using:
CONCAT ( STR ( TAN ( PITCH ) * 12, 0 ), "/12 - PITCH" )
which works except that for a low slope roof it will not show the fraction, IE 1/2"/12" is shown as 0"/12"
5 REPLIES 5
Peter Baksa
Graphisoft
Graphisoft
Hi,

This looks like a property expression, which is not GDL, but I guess it is rounding down to 0. I don't know if a property expression can be used to format a number as a dimension, probably not.

In GDL you can use STR{2} to format numbers as dimensions. REQUEST ("Linear_dimension" ...) can be used to get the format string that the user set in the work environment.
Péter Baksa
Software Engineer, Library as a Platform
Graphisoft SE, Budapest
DGSketcher
Legend
If you assign the roof pitch using Autotext (#Pitch) in a label does it not display in your required units?
I'm in metric so it may be a regional unit problem.
Apple iMac Intel i9 / macOS Sonoma / AC27UKI (most recent builds.. if they work)
Peter Baksa
Graphisoft
Graphisoft
I played around with it and got a solution.
There is an STRCALCUNIT function that formats a length with the work environment calculation units.
The result of TAN has to be converted from a number to a length: 1 ft * TAN( {Property:Roof/Pitch} )
STRCALCUNIT ( 1 ft * TAN ( {Property:Roof/Pitch} ) ) will give the number you need.

CONCAT ( STRCALCUNIT ( 1 ft * TAN ( {Property:Roof/Pitch} ) ); "/12\"" ) is the concatenated expression, \" is needed to write an " inside a string. It renders a different character on the UI, but works.
Péter Baksa
Software Engineer, Library as a Platform
Graphisoft SE, Budapest

This is giving me a Syntax Error. When I jump to the last  valid character, it's right after CONCAT

reidweber_0-1676394323426.png

ArchiCAD 24, 25 & 26 US
WINDOWS PC, 16GB RAM, Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-3770 CPU @ 3.40GHz 3.40 GHZ, NVIDIA GEForce GTX 970, ASUS, CM6870, Rev X.0x

I'm having similar syntax error as reidweber.   Hoping to open the thread again to find a solution.  Rather than /12 I would like to put /1'-0" at the end of the expression.  Would that be .... /1\'\-\0\"") 

ArchiCAD v27 (since v11)
MacBook Pro M1 Max, 64GB
macOS Sonoma

Didn't find the answer?

Check other topics in this Forum

Back to Forum

Read the latest accepted solutions!

Accepted Solutions

Start a new conversation!