BIM Coordinator Program (INT) April 22, 2024

Find the next step in your career as a Graphisoft Certified BIM Coordinator!

Collaboration with other software
About model and data exchange with 3rd party solutions: Revit, Solibri, dRofus, Bluebeam, structural analysis solutions, and IFC, BCF and DXF/DWG-based exchange, etc.

Room Finish & Other Schedules

cremsberg
Participant
ArchiCAD v10:
I would like to make an interactive ROOM FINISH SCHEDULE. I believe I need to start with an Element Schedule form the available list in the Project Map, but which one? It seems I can modify the tool type that the schedule is based on, but it seems odd that a finish schedule is not already provided.

OTHER QUESTIONS ABOUT SCHEDULES:
How can I add more User Defined fields than are available?

Is there a way to make fields editable in the schedule when they don’t seem to behave that way already?

What does the little flag mean in the Schedule Fields list in Scheme Settings?

Is there a way to merge a schedule from another file?
Claire Remsberg

Remsberg Architecture, P.A.

MacBook Pro, OSX 12.6, ArchiCAD v25 (5010)
3 REPLIES 3
Andy Thomson
Advisor
cremsberg wrote:
Element Schedule form the available list in the Project Map, but which one?
Start with a good zone stamp, add all the parameters you are after, and then call these in the schedule. I will be posting this workflow next week on the ACE blog...

cremsberg wrote:
it seems odd that a finish schedule is not already provided.
It is odd. This is really up to the user community it seems. I am trying to make these tools and workflows available, with the help of many others...
cremsberg wrote:
How can I add more User Defined fields than are available?
Add them to the zone stamp object you have chosen to begin with...adding parameters is easy. Making them 'do tricks' is harder!

cremsberg wrote:
Is there a way to make fields editable in the schedule when they don’t seem to behave that way already?
The fields need to be editable in your zone stamp also, such as the FM/List parameters 'user defined' 1 thru 5 fields of most GS objects
cremsberg wrote:
What does the little flag mean in the Schedule Fields list in Scheme Settings?
Subtotal. It will add a line/row to your items...giving a subtotal of whatever you asked it to...while I'm at it, SUM1 is a dumb sum, SUM is a smarter sum (multiplies instances by value the sum button is applied to, ie. cost)
cremsberg wrote:
Is there a way to merge a schedule from another file?
Under 'scheme settings' go to 'import' or 'export' if you want to save this out for another project...sorry, no 'duplicate schedule' command...
Andy Thomson, M.Arch, OAA, MRAIC
Director
Thomson Architecture, Inc.
Instructor/Lecturer, Toronto Metropolitan University Faculty of Engineering & Architectural Science
AC26/iMacPro/MPB Silicon M2Pro
cremsberg
Participant
Andy -
I am looking forward to your ACE posting with baited breath. If you think of it, please let me know when it is posted. I’ve been checking regularly, but not sure if I am looking in the right place. Thanks for your efforts and contribution. Maybe I can add some knowledge someday too.
Claire Remsberg

Remsberg Architecture, P.A.

MacBook Pro, OSX 12.6, ArchiCAD v25 (5010)
Anonymous
Not applicable
Did the blog entry about this ever appear?

I seem to only have one stock zone stamp. How would I go about creating a new one to incorporate all the information I would like to see in a room finish schedule? I've not been able to figure out how to add parameters to the existing zone stamp item, or change the names of the "User Defined" parameters...?

Thanks...
Learn and get certified!