Collaboration with other software
About model and data exchange with 3rd party solutions: Revit, Solibri, dRofus, Bluebeam, structural analysis solutions, and IFC, BCF and DXF/DWG-based exchange, etc.
SOLVED!

Room Finsh Schedule - my only options?

rob2218
Enthusiast
I'm wondering besides "Custom" how can I get more options to these parameters on the finishes?
...Bobby Hollywood live from...
i>u
Edgewater, FL!
SOFTWARE VERSION:
Archicad 22, Archicad 23
Windows7 -OS, MAC Maverick OS
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solution
Go to the Property Manager and look for the "Zones" area. Then, see attached.
Richard
--------------------------
Richard Morrison, Architect-Interior Designer
AC26 (since AC6.0), Win10

View solution in original post

13 REPLIES 13
Hello rob2218,

Do you try to find this property into this menu : "Options/Property manager" ?
You should then be able to add some variables to this property.
Or you are able to create you own property with a lot of variables if you are not satisfied about the original.

Have a great day,

Christophe - FRANCE
Archicad Designer and Teacher
Archicad 15 to 27 FRA FULL

OS 11.6 Big Sur - MacBook Pro 2017 - 16Go RAM
"Quality is never an accident ; it's always the result of an intelligent effort" John Ruskin
rob2218
Enthusiast
Don't understand what you wrote my friend.
Can you explain it in simpler terms?
i>u
Edgewater, FL!
SOFTWARE VERSION:
Archicad 22, Archicad 23
If you were on ArchiCAD 20 or later, it would be very easy with the Property Manager that Christophe mentioned. Your signature says ArchiCAD 18, though, which is pre-Property Manager.
Richard
rob2218
Enthusiast
Sorry...I need to change my siggy.
I'm on AC22 and AC23.
Can someone just explain "how" I can add additional properties to the finish schedule?
i>u
Edgewater, FL!
SOFTWARE VERSION:
Archicad 22, Archicad 23
1. Go to Google search bar.
2. Type "Archicad Property Manager". All procedures will be revealed in the search results.

or:

1. Go to "Help" menu in Archicad.
2. Type "Property Manager"

Now, pay special attention to "Option Set" . Or, just go here:
Open the Finish Schedule to find out where the schedule is getting its information for finish. Now, go to Property Manager and open that property and add whatever options you want.
Richard
rob2218
Enthusiast
Ok, I saw the video. it's still unclear to me "how" to add the parameters or 'options' on the diagram (see the latest screen capture).
i>u
Edgewater, FL!
SOFTWARE VERSION:
Archicad 22, Archicad 23
Open the finish schedule and tell us WHERE the current finish data is coming from. A zone? A zone label? A library part?
Richard
poco2013
Mentor
FYI Assuming you are using 23 --For the schedule your listed parameters are under the ADD Library Part Parameters tab -- Select the zone 23 stamp etc.

For the zone stamp itself--- use the Zone Label - finishes tab. You can change the settings in the Zone settings dialog.

The above in 23 are not properties, they are parameters (see above) of the zone object. note that you can put in your own finishes by filling in the custom field.

Also there's nothing stopping you from creating your own properties with your own Options list. You could also use you own list within the zone label by using the classifications & properties tab but you would also need to use the latest zone 23 stamp.

For just filling in the schedule use number one above. You can not alter the fields except by altering the GSM stamp itself -- not difficult if you are familiar with GDL. Also note that a change was made between 22 & 23. In 22 those properties are made available in the Property Manager but were taken out in 23 == Don't know why -- maybe different regional versions?
Gerry

Windows 11 - Visual Studio 2022; ArchiCAD 27
rob2218
Enthusiast
Richard wrote:
Open the finish schedule and tell us WHERE the current finish data is coming from. A zone? A zone label? A library part?
On the finish schedule....the zones are giving off this data.
So..I'm to assume that "somewhere" on the Zones I should program in my custom selections?
But...just how do I do that?
i>u
Edgewater, FL!
SOFTWARE VERSION:
Archicad 22, Archicad 23